Ioniq Latest Update
Hyundai showcased the Ioniq's electric and hybrid versions at the Auto Expo 2018 (Read the unveil report here). It is also available as a plug-in hybrid but among the three, only the all-electric version is likely to make its way to India. Globally, the Ioniq electric is offered with a 28kWh lithium-ion battery that takes 9-10 hours to charge from standard sockets. However, the Korean automaker also offers a provision for quick charging, which reduces the charging time to 4-5 hours. On a full charge, the Ioniq is rated to deliver a maximum range of 280km under the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC).
Distinctly designed, the Hyundai Ioniq gets sleek hexagonal grille having Bi-xenon/LED headlights and LED daytime running lights incorporated in the bumper. The aerodynamically designed car gets aluminium forged boot lid and hood, which makes it 25 per cent lighter than other Hyundai cars. The rear too, looks interesting with LED combination lights merging with the boot spoiler.
Inside, the Ioniq gets a 7-inch MID instrument cluster and same sized touchscreen unit placed in the center, which supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Safety features in the Hyundai Ioniq include seven airbags, blind spot detection, autonomous braking, lane change assist and adaptive cruise control.
The prices for the Hyundai Ioniq are likely to start upwards of Rs 30 lakh in India as Hyundai is expected to bring it as a CKD model in India and will assemble it here.
Hyundai Ioniq News
The Ioniq is currently the only car in the world that is available with an electric, plug-in hybrid and strong hybrid powertrain. Hyundai is considering bringing the Ioniq electric to India.
A lot of electric cars/concepts were showcased at this year's Auto Expo including the Mahindra eKUV100 and a bunch of them are coming our way
The Ioniq is available as a hybrid, plug-in hybrid and with an all-electric powertrain in the US, Europe and some East Asian countries
Hyundai Ioniq Videos
- 4:0Hyundai Ioniq - Thank you SRK for making it easier @ Auto Expo 2018 : PowerDriftFeb 22, 2018
- 3:5Hyundai Ioniq| First Look | Auto Expo 2018 | ZigWheels.comFeb 20, 2018
- 5:55Hyundai @ Auto Expo 2018: What To Expect | ZigTalk | ZigWheels.comJan 16, 2018
Hyundai Ioniq Price
|Ioniq1598 cc, Automatic, Petrol||Rs.20.0 Lakh*|
Trending Hyundai Cars
- Hyundai PalisadeRs.40.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: May 01, 2020
- Hyundai SonataRs.20.77 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jun 22, 2019
- Hyundai Kona ElectricRs.25.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Aug 16, 2019
- Hyundai Grand i10 2019Rs.4.5 Lakh*Expected Launch: Aug 02, 2019
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2019Rs.27.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jun 01, 2019
- Hyundai CarlinoRs.8.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Apr 04, 2019
Other Upcoming Cars
- Tata HarrierRs.12.99 - 17.99 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jan 01, 2019
- Nissan KicksRs.10.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jan 15, 2019
- Toyota RushRs.10.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Feb 20, 2020
- Honda CivicRs.15.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Feb 20, 2019
- Nissan TerraRs.20.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Oct 01, 2019
- Skoda ScalaRs.12.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Dec 01, 2020