Volkswagen Polo-engineers have actually tested everything!!

• Appearance

Pros :

Excellent looks-stylish, classy & sophisticated, Great Mileage

Cons :

couldn't point any

Hi would have seen the latest add of Volkswagen Polo that says Our engineers have tested...its so very true. The car is a quality par excellence. I was lucky as I was amongst the first few customers to have received the delivery. The initial adjectives I would use for the car is classy, sophisticated, elegant, luxury and true beauty. I have fallen in love with my car and that increases with every drive. I mean its so damn comfortable to drive, the interiors are so elegantly designed and so are the exterior looks. The mileage it offers is superb. I have the diesel variant and have been getting the mileage of 17 kmpl in city, in crowded roads of Delhi, isn't that amazing?? Also I have to mention the sitting capacity and the comfort it offers, extremely smooth and homely. The air-conditioning is good and so is the boot space. I have chosen a red color and am quite happy wit it. I just saw a black Polo on road and that was looking brilliant too. I suggest that you all should also go in for the Diesel variant as I think there is a major difference in the mileage of the two. Lemme just mention some of the features the car offers..Adjustable and Tiltable Steering Column, Power Steering, Power Door Lock, Advanced Audio System with Integrated Speakers, Storage Space behind Front Seat, Luggage compartment light, Drawer under driver's seat, Storage tray on dashboard, Front Cup holder, Interior lighting with delay, automatic dimming interior rear view mirror, Front comfort seats, Easy entry sliding seats, Split folding rear seat, Dust and pollen filter, etc. These are just a few features I can remember as of now, rest you would know as you take a test drive. Its an excellent car and am more than satisfied...You too can be..go for it !!!

Comments Volkswagen Polo
  • amit |27 May,2010 04:52:31 PM

excellent review. Thanks for your review.

• BALAJI RAO |31 May,2010 11:12:08 AM

we have purchased the polo diesel a week back,we find that the front console ,on the gear sifter is causing a serious problem on the left knee,after removing the leg from the clutch,the left leg rests on the console ,which is forcing the leg to rest on the console while driving in the hills,onthe downward slopes. the design of the console has to be changed immediately,as it has already bruised my knee, if this causing problem to my knee.,may have to take a complaint.

kgb |21 Jul,2011 11:13:55 PM

dear frind What is your height?

• Ingrid Thomas |01 Jun,2010 12:51:46 AM

HI ur review reads great but some of the features you have mentioned don't seem to fit the bill. Like u mentioned audio control on steering wheel, rain sensors. I booked for the highline petrol sure didn't see the options??

• sanjay |02 Jun,2010 09:32:31 PM

Hi i am planning to book Polo Highline - Petrol, would like to know fuel consumption on highway, stability on high way at maximum speed, power steering performance, effectiveness of AC, spare parts cost. Thanks

• Dr N |04 Jun,2010 09:54:39 PM

Audio Controls on Steering Wheel?

• Dr N |04 Jun,2010 10:00:48 PM

Hi Is the following present in the Highline Diesel Model? 1) Audio Controls on Steering Wheel? 2) Rain sensor? 3) Rear seat center armrest? reply

• Puneet |08 Jun,2010 12:27:57 AM

Hi, there isn't any steering mounted control in POLO presently neither rain sensors nor rear seat center. They are present in european versions but certainly not in India.

• CarDekho Team |16 Jun,2010 02:59:56 PM

Dear Users, We from the CarDekho Team have verified the actual features in the Car and found that there are no rain sensors, audio controls on the steering and arm rest in rear seats. Therefore, we have deleted the features in this User-Review. Also, users are entitled to write their own views and experiences on the cars, and CarDekho holds no responsibility for that. However, correct information needs to be known to you all and thus we at also suggest you to visit for details on Volkswagen Polo. Also, for any further query or assistance, feel free to contact at Thanks. CarDekho Team.

• ramesh |19 Jul,2012 05:06:33 PM

hi, all. I purchased the polo comfort line and enjoy the riding verymuch- very smooth driving. even having contineous long trip, no felt of tirdness. Thanks for the polo.

• Eldho Varghese |01 Feb,2015 07:08:30 PM

Lack of legroom for family drive.comfort in front only.

bharathi |08 Apr,2015 09:10:30 AM

Dear all If u cant buy a Audi car go for polo which is same engine (tdi 1.5 instead of tdi 2.0) of audi same engine technology riding quality. When compare to elite 20 it is 300% quality car.

• sunny |17 Apr,2015 11:58:26 PM

I want to buy a car but i am confuse in etios liva or volkswegan polo.

Volkswagen Polo review scorecard