Comfortable driving experience

By for Volkswagen Polo 2016-11-21 10:38:57.0
  • Appearance

I bought the Polo which is one of the costliest cars in its segment. The design with minimum lines/curves give it a plush look which might not appeal to everyone.

The only reason for me to buy a Volkswagen was the driving comfort and safety. The company has made no compromises here by providing standard airbags, ABS and rock solid body. Even the door locks are speed sensing. The highline model is fully loaded and has illuminated cabinet which looks rich. The switch quality is good and interior plastic feels great, is scratch proof and has solid build. Leather steering and control on steering adds to the appeal.

Driving comfort is amazing especially with features like seat height and steering column adjustment. The front seats are comfortable and even after a poor sleep, a drive of 300 km doesn't tire or exert the driver. But, the leg space for the rear passengers is definitely a concern. I generally have a max of 2 people in my car, hence it wasn't a concern for me. Middle passenger on the rear seat faces the maximum discomfort due to the protruding bar running through the center of the car. The comfortable slope in rear seats ensure maximum comfort and is a respite for the passengers. Word of advise - shift the front seats forward to allow proper space for rear passengers.

I take my car on long drives every month. I love the control the steering provides. The brakes and steering respond great at high speeds. I find the pickup to be a little slower then its competitors, but still is good enough and ample. Fast acceleration is not its strong-point but it makes up with its top speed. Word of advise - No need to accelerate unnecessarily, this car might not win you a short drag race but proper acceleration will pay you in the long run.

The mileage can be a concern for people. With A/C at its peak during summers, I did not achieve mileage even close to 13 kmpl. The car gives a mileage of 13kmpl in city (with AC) but goes well above 17.5kmpl on highways. My advice is to shift gear at 2000 rpm (max) and shift to 5th gear at the earliest. Also, just like any other car, do not skip gears or unnecessarily use clutch.