Tyre and Battery is not covered in warranty from Toyota, Liva comes with Goodyear tyres,

• Appearance

Pros : Very good car with ample leg room and seating space

Cons : Tyre and battery is not covered in the warranty from Toyota, Car comes with Goodyear tyres,

Look and Style  Very Good car with Ample seating Space and legroom, Toyota doesn't provide warranty on the tyre and battery so if any problem happens you are left on the mercy of tyre manufacturer which they are always going to refuse. Overall Experience OK, I had the bad experience, Car comes with Goodyear tyre and Toyota doesn't provide warranty on the tyre and battery, my car is driven just 1000 kms and there is a huge crack in the tyre and Goodyear refused to provide warranty, Engginers in Espirit Toyota found the problem is with the tyre, but they were helpless as Toyota has to rely on the warranty from the tyre manufacturer. This information is not provided to buyer at the time of purchase.

Comments Toyota Etios Liva 2014-2016
  • shachin |09 Oct,2011 06:55:31 PM

Toyota also cheating !!!!!!!! ?

• niladri |27 Oct,2011 07:55:10 AM

After the 1st service every thing is going wright, by luck. I was also not informed about the limited warranty rather than the Dealer's personal claimed about the 'Toyota coverage'(?) which is covering top to bottom.GD model is not coming with CD/DVD player which is really embarrassing.But the driving as well as seating comfort makes me fan of LIVA.

• Ganesh |17 Dec,2011 01:58:07 AM

Hi Ritesh, I had the similar problem withmy Etios Liva-V (Petrol). My alloy wheel had a hair crack. Upon visiting dealer he was ready to replace it under insurance. But, I complained online to Toyota for giving me under warranty replacement. Within a week I got the replacement of my wheel as well the tyre. I think you should write complaints to Toyota. Most of the dealers are always thinks negatively and try to finish the matter at there only. Write to Toyota and definately you will get a proper solution

• Ritesh Shah |18 Dec,2011 09:45:22 AM

Hi Ganesh, Pls. let me know the mail id of Toyota you had written to, I wrote mail to voc@toyota-kirloskar.co.in and the response was as the tyre is not covered under there warranty they will not able to help. Regards Ritesh Shah

• Rajiv Simhasan |30 Apr,2013 07:42:46 PM

My family bought a Etios VD model on listening to me,as i convinced them Toyota cars are quite efficient .Its been just 7 months and the vehicle is on its second service for 10000kms. There was a small accident where the front bumper slightly had a dent ,so we took the vehicle to the service station and then we were told to leave the vehicle for them to take a look. They called us the after 2 days and told that they have to replace the radiator and condensor parts,my father was not convinced with this and we were told to pay for that,luckily we had a insurance of toyota and got around 50 percent claim on Rs.34000. We were asked to take it back,they told everything is perfect and you wont face anymore problem.Just when we were driving back home from SHODHA TOYOTA HUBLI, noticed the indicator saying that the engine is being overheated(got to know the symbol after checking it on the manual provided). We??d gone about 15kms from city towards bagalkot and then I stopped the vehicle and called them up.They asked us to come back and let them have a look.They did some checking and the worst thing was they couldn??t find the problem.Almost they took a week to fix the bumper and condensor,still they asked us to leave the vehicle again for some days and they let their experts have a look at it. We took a bus back,Everyone was worried as this was the first family car,and its hasn??t been a year we bought it.I called them tomorrow to know what was he problem now,they were like still the search for the problem is going on sir,we will let you know asap.N when i called for the next time,they told that we suspect the problem is with the coolant as its not going through all the engine compartments.They never called me back to whats the progress with the problem,i gave their my email-id as they told they will be sending pictures of every processes you??re car gets to,they never did.Now when i call them, i was told the engine block has a small opening in its head and the amount to repair is going to around a one lac.We are worried about the car service seriously.I??m completely pissed off and my dad is thinking of going to consumers forum. Now its been exactly 15days to today,our car is off the road and my dad gets to take the bus everyday.I had never ever thought that toyota had this kinda service,I myself a mechanical engineer student in bangalore.I visited you plant in bidadi and proposed my dad to go for toyota. pls. Contact the people responsible for the service station,SHODHA TOYOTA HUBLI and let us know soon.Need your response regarding this.our car number is KA29M7518.Do maintian your Q service tag,just claiming never justifies it. Rajiv simhasan 9448466622

Toyota Etios Liva 2014-2016 review scorecard