Great Car for driving....but Interior lags in a wow factor!

By for Toyota Etios Liva 2014-2016 2016-07-29 19:04:34.0
  • Appearance

Well the Etios family is dominant in the market as taxis and 2nd vehicles, all the models have almost same features except the dimensions. Liva is a good car. I have completed about 9000km in the odo in the last 6 months. Liva is mostly good for daily uses.

Pros: Good Handling, Safety (Has standard dual airbags and ABS for Diesel variants ) , Good fuel efficency, Comfortable front row seats, Good visibility, Boot space is adequate, good suspension, Engine has a cover(which is missing in the mid variants of the INNOVA CRYSTA (20 lakhs) as well), better looking alloys.

Cons: Engine is not "torquey" as on paper, hard to pick up from steep slopes and produces some " not so good" sounds in these conditions,Diesel engine is not refined, poor interior quality, spare Tyre does not have an alloy, which makes it look it ugly after a change, Headlamps do not provide great visibility in highways, Instrument cluster looks blank, the glove box is stuck( I don't know why but going to get it fixed for the next service), lacks for small space for nick knacks like coins and toll tokens, rear seats lacks a central arm rest which makes long ride uncomfortable, the front grill looks lame in the same body colour and does not give a top end feel for the car( I changed the grill with the etios sedans chrome finished one),Overpriced when compared to feature lists.

The car is more good in daily basis of an average 60 km per day. The Diesel motor needs to be more refined. Needs a touchscreen navigation system which is there with even a 4 lakhs KWID. Also we can see many cost cutting like the blackouts of the B- pillar are with vinyl, The steering mounted audio control is not much useful for me as there is no mute function, call attend and decline functions. The mileage is good I get about 16 kmpl in city and 20 kmpl in highway. As it is a white car we should wash it every week.

Overall the car has a great stance only due to the "TOYOTA" logo on it . The cars of Toyota are Reliable in any situations, it would never be a loss of money. The other competitors like the Ford Figo, Hyundai Grand i10, Tata Bolt, etc. have more features but don't have the brand reliability like TOYOTA. I belive in Toyota as I am a previous owner of an Innova which has never landed me in trouble with major issues.