Skoda Yeti V/S Tata Safari

By for Skoda Yeti from Kolkata 2010-08-23 16:42:47.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Sporty car, smart features, stunning looks

I am planning to purchase an best SUV car in India, I have already choosen two various SUV cars, but out of these car models one is not available in the auto market, but as per some auto website reports the new Skoda Yeti will be introduced end of this year and I will take new SUV by the first month of next year. Meanwhile, one of the best SUV cars, Tata Safari is really wonderful car in the Idian auto market. Few months back, I was planning to purchase the Safari model, but after watching the new Skoda Yeti than I decided to buy the new Skoda Yeti. It looks very stunning and stylish car, I am believing in latest technology so I will go for all new Skoda Yeti.

• Hikmat Bisht |28 Aug,2010 03:02:06 PM

I have been using Tata Safari since 2008. I have no complains. Why scoda is priced so high as compaired to Tata Safari?

thomas abraham |21 Nov,2010 09:01:02 PM

Skoda cars are from German using modern technology

Tarzan |14 May,2016 11:53:53 PM

Sorry skoda is from Czech Republic

Rohan |18 Feb,2011 10:23:27 PM

Skoda is priced higher to tata because u wont get so many features like skoda in the tata quality performance looks

Tarzan |14 May,2016 11:57:08 PM

Never ever compare soda with rata. I respect Indian cars in fact I own one but skoda built is different like comparing micromax and samsung

• Hikmat Bisht |28 Aug,2010 03:06:19 PM

This sounds quite reasonable but what is wrong with Tata Safari. As an user of Safari I find it second to none. Then the cost of the car is very reasonable.

• Virgin |20 Sep,2010 03:08:03 PM

It is not worth the money. Yeti should have been in the range of 10-14 lakhs. Only fools will buy this at a price of 18 lakhs and more.. Fortuner is a better pick if you are ready to spend more than 18 lakhs.

Udit Pandya |03 Jan,2012 10:59:15 PM

its available in 13 lakhs too..

Anish |10 Nov,2015 09:38:21 PM

I don't agree with us there is a big option between 12-17lakhs is the new age XUV500 and Skoda yeti is a lot good car than safari.Skoda yeti uses new and good technologies and features.For safety yeti gets 6 airbags and safari gets only two(optional).

Tarzan |14 May,2016 11:58:49 PM

Just check the quality skoda gives do an research you will say it's Al worth it

• duggi |23 Sep,2010 10:17:58 PM

I m agree with virgin , price is very high only fools will buy yeti

• sheikh manzoor |11 Oct,2010 02:03:59 PM

price is too high

• jai khanduja |12 Oct,2010 08:30:16 PM

price of the car is very high.it should be between 12 to 14 lakhs.

• trivendra |12 Oct,2010 11:45:36 PM

you may compare safari with aria,bt nt with yeti at all.yeti is so ugly also.

• Gagan |19 Oct,2010 10:34:21 AM

I think tata safari dicor is very stunning,over all height is perfect than skoda yeti

• adnan |20 Oct,2010 08:19:46 PM

Safari remains king of SUV's....I have been driving from past 4 years....the looks, comfort..................and in this price range ...guys dont waste your energy on yeti's etc....

• hari |26 Oct,2010 08:19:02 PM

worth for Rs 12 lacs

• pankaj singh |27 Oct,2010 01:16:37 PM

i agree with my friend price is very high..............worth betven 11 to 13 lac i think.

• Rama |03 Nov,2010 11:26:57 AM

It is priced out. A price of 11-14 lakhs could have made it the most popular SUV!

mugil |28 Apr,2011 02:00:16 PM

yes skoda yetti price is high but the actual car's cost is only 15.5 lakhs the remaining is tax isit comes up to 20 lakhs............every thing is beautiful in the car expect the price

• chandra |11 Nov,2010 02:54:50 PM

Skoda Yeti is a very high priced, but we all will still purchase this car.No matter whatever we write. Have we stopped purchasing New Skoda Laura which is not worth 15 to 18 Lakhs on road? People have paid booking advance of Rs.50,000 in the month of Aug-Sept 2010. In India any European car will sell. Look at Vento and Polo we have to wait. What is great about these cars compared to Honda City and Swift? Yeti should have been priced anywhere between 10 to 12 Lakhs if it has to compete with Safari, Scorpio. Yeti now can compete with CRV, Captiva or Fortuner.

• vinay |13 Nov,2010 06:22:03 PM

i was waiting for yeti,,,,i liked it......but if we see the price its too high in this price we had many option captiva,safari,fortuneor.i think its price must be between 12-13 lakhs.

• sandeep |16 Nov,2010 09:19:16 PM

very good.but this price is more.i think 13.5 to14.25 lakh suficient.

• rahul |19 Nov,2010 03:21:28 PM

Yeti looks good, Interiors are also impressive. But price should be about 12-14 Lakhs.

• Rajiv |20 Nov,2010 11:05:43 AM

i think 12to14 lakhs suficient

• GAUTAM |21 Nov,2010 03:32:18 PM

Comparing the cost, style and pricing Tata Safari is much better option compared to Yeti. Yeti price should not be more than 10 Lakh.

• kamal |03 Dec,2010 01:28:56 PM

price of skoda yeti is so high but let us see what type of features they will present in this. Let this car come in the market as I was planning to buy a SUV so now I am having the options with ARIA also as the prices are reasonable of this

• mathura |17 Dec,2010 12:44:20 AM

interiors look exactly same as new skoda laura,i have automatic top end laura was shocked to see yeti with same dash board was irritated thougt these bloody europin attitude towards indians,guys if u plannin to buy yeti i would advice u to go for captiva almost same price 7 seater n automatic where as yeti comes in only manual n all time 4wd which is a national waste of fuel......they think they can leave any shit car in india n v ll take,if lookin for brand wait for bmw x1 it worth payin same money another 4 to 5 lac for a better brand n power due date is most prob in jan or fed next year .

• harjeet singh |28 Dec,2010 11:22:50 AM

i think yeti is good bt not gud to my landi jeep fuddi deyo

• abc |11 Jan,2011 10:33:39 PM

dear friends,please dont compare with tata safari,see the interior quality,engin,n other driving features,yes i agree price is high but the quality is exelent,those who like honda crv,please try once skoda yeti ,

• k kumar |20 Jan,2011 09:07:12 PM

I m agree with virgin , price is very high only fools will buy yeti

• p sarangi |22 Mar,2011 08:19:42 AM

Price is too high.

• Gyan Sahay |27 Aug,2011 10:12:13 AM

I bought a Tata Safari when it was launched first. I drove it for 5 yrs. I was satisfied with its performance,look & space.Then again in 2007 I bought a Tata Safari Dicor 4x2.But in the begining itself there was problem with power window & till today it has not been corrected with repeated complains. It is not even 4 yrs and the pump is damaged .No idea how. Even with extended warranty for 4 yrs, service stations refused to do the needful & coming out with unkown reasons.From Pune call centre they will only to know how many points will I give to the service station and are not serious for coustomers. So,I have decided no more Tata cars.

• pradeep mishra |17 Sep,2011 10:30:49 AM

Yeti and Tata Safari are altogether two different SUV/Car. Yeti is costly due to over 100% import duty, Safari is GR8 value for money. Yeti is a small SUV and no road presence in comparison to Tata safari. Yeti have refined engine and best in class safety features. I think Yeti will be comfortable driving experience in cities than Safari.

• Udit Pandya |03 Jan,2012 11:03:44 PM

Its good to pay 13-20lakhs for yeti.. yeti deserves it.. stand next to TATA car, you will feel that you are standing next to a truck.. thats the difference you fool!!

• siddo |03 Jun,2012 11:50:57 PM

you simply cnt compare the 2 cars..Tata vs Skoda..common guys the engine, the average, the stability, the road grip , the power, the features and the distance skoda takes...tata can never dream of ...believe me i am owner of skoda cars from last 8 years from octavia to superb and yeti is included...i dont want to be judgemental...pls drive urself once and c d difference . and now pricing yeah its higher than safari but i gues it deserves. if one plans to buy with budget of 14 lac, believe me dont think twice. you would start adoring it!!

• kun |09 Jul,2012 05:48:20 PM

Skoda yeti obvi0....n actully safari and yeti cant just not be compared....TATA may not ever can reach the quality used by germans.....safari which topples at 100 only nd on d other hand yeti on 150 is as smooth as butter..! ...i think comparing yeti and safari is a foolish topic!! skoda...is brand name which can be tata ideal !!