2 Years Of Ownership

By for Skoda Yeti 2013-01-30 17:08:01.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Handling,Pickup,Fuel efficiency,safety

Cons : dealers, ground clearance

I own a Skoda Yeti Elegance. Bought it in December 2010 and have driven it 80,000 km in the two years. I love everything about the vehicle. The fact that it doesn't stand out, the fact that it handles like a dream, the fact that it sure is peppy and great fun to drive, and the wonderful 'moving fog lamps' for hill driving. I have owned quite a few cars but this has to be the best I've owned by far. Even using the jack is so easy!

Some cons: I feel that the ground clearance of 185 mm is a little too low, 200mm would be ideal. The tyres feel a little small and last for about 50,000 km. The stop & go driving off only in the 1st gear is a little frustrating at first (for all of us who are used to picking up in the second gear). When I spend 18 lakhs on a car, don't be cheap by giving me 4 alloys and a smaller size Stepney. Give the Stepney also on a 16 alloy.

The Killer drawback: Skoda's selection of dealers. I've been to the guys at Haldwani and Chandigarh and they are equally inefficient, rude and high-handed. If I sell my car it will be only because of faulty service.

(once they spoilt my driver door console during washing and made me pay, then they took 2 months to diagnose and replace a defective AC compressor.

• fjjfjkfkfkfff |05 Sep,2015 02:01:32 PM