Renault Duster AMT - My automatic workhorse

By for Renault Duster 2016-05-05 19:12:59.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Convenience of an automatic car, diesel engine efficiency, fresh looks

Cons : Skeptical about Renault after sale services, jerky shifts from gearbox

I recently bought the Renault Duster AMT and I am very much happy with it. It is very convenient in the city as there are no gears and clutch. It has an AMT gearbox which is fuel efficient as well. I was getting close to 15 kmpl in city under normal driving conditions. It has 6 gears which makes its nice on the highway as well.

I also like how Renault has made the new alloy design very upmarket. I was confused between the Hyundai Creta and the Duster. I am glad that I chose this. Even my wife and kids are very happy with it and they find it very comfortable and spacious. The only area of complain is the jerky gearbox. It shifts very hardly at times and has a very jerky feedback.

I really wish it was more smoother with the shifts. I also love the infotainment system. It is a touchscreen unit and also has Bluetooth, aux usb connectivity. I am planning on a roadtrip to Udaipur this summer and I hope that the Duster will be a dream to drive on the empty stretches of Rajasthan.

I really suggest an automatic car to all my friends and family members as it is very convenient in the city and performs well on the highway as well. I also read on internet that the AMT unit has less maintenance costs in comparison to a dual clutch gearbox and is more efficient as well.

I am happy with every penny I have spent on this car! Thanks Renault for launching an automatic SUV !

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this February
  • Zakir |11 Jun,2016 03:46:17 AM

What ever said is true. I sold my Duster in six months losing nearly Rs 2.5L. Door rattling is a menace.

user |22 Nov,2016 04:00:32 PM

user cardekho.com STAR of Compact SUVs By Amay Bansal from | November 17, 2016 | 18 Views I guess this will be one of the few reviews for a renault duster petro...