Rating of Maruti Wagon R

Test Driven By 5

S
Swapan Kumar Biswas
On: Jun 06, 2010 | 3813 Views

I with some of my friends took a test drive of New Wagon R. These are our feelings -

1. Look is better than old Wagon R. If you do not think it as a sports car and if you can consider the tallboy look of Santro then the look of it is fine.

2. Front Seats are better than rear.

3. The rear seat is also fine.

4. Rear Seat Legroom is more than enough. It is a large space. It may be reduced or back seat may be adjustable to reduce the legroom to the requirement.

5. Three normal persons easily may be seated at the back seat.

6. There is a considerable amount of boot space. If rear seat is adjustable as per requirement it may increased.

7. Door locks are a new type and look good.

8. Plastic Quality of the dashboard is not good. Cup holders will not last for 5 uses (I think).

9. Interior space may give you roomy feelings.

10. In India where people buy Swift LXi more than Vxi or Zxi (people do not feel the necessity of add features), MSIL is push selling the added feathers with this car. The cost of the vehicle may be reduced by reducing the optional (not very necessary) added features.

11. The engine is not so much noisy. It may be a little more than Santro or Swift but not like a diesel engine.

12. Ac is very very good. With 5 people inside it cools (not chilled) within 4-5 minutes when the temperature outside is about 43-45 degree Celsius.

13. The wheelbase, the width and the weight are increased so the stability of this car at high speeds is very well.

14. Gear shift is very smooth.

15. Some of my friends said it is sluggish with the AC on. But after going through the brochure we came to know that the engine is of high RPM so we decided to drive it again with a remember that to shift the gear to the upper one we must increase the RPM to about 5500. Then we find that with AC on condition at low RPM in the second gear only the car is showing a low response. But at all the other gears it is ok.

16. We think that this car may compete with Santro like cars and not with i10 etc. Our overall remark about this car is ?A good car with good engine for daily city or highway use but MSIL is should reduce added features to reduce the price.?

Other Wagon R Reviews

New Maruti Wagon R : Blue Eyed Boy

New upgraded Maruti Wagon R (blue eyed boy) has been recently launched in the India auto market. I would like to...Read More

• G
    Guruprasad
    On: Nov 30, 2012 | 2935 Views

Ideal Choice For Middle Class Family

Initially, I had to choose b/w Wagon R and Ford Figo but I chose Wagon R.  Look and Style: Good looking compare...Read More

Maruti Wagon R Further Research