New Maruti Wagon R : Blue Eyed Boy

• Appearance

Pros : Stytlish look, Smart features, comfortable, great fuel efficiency,

New upgraded Maruti Wagon R (blue eyed boy) has been recently launched in the India auto market. I would like to purchase it very soon. I like that its price is affordable. It is available at Rs. 4.5 lakh. Blue eyed boy engine has loaded with 1.0l k-series with 998cc engine capacity. The new k series available with 5-speed manual transmission gearbox. I am really impressed with the new upgraded Wagon R. Its mileage in city 18.9kmpl. It also looks smart and stylish. I have made a mind to purchase a new Wagon R.

Comments Maruti Wagon R
  • Vipin |05 May,2010 08:10:14 AM

I also want to purchase a new upgraded Maruti Wagon R. Looking wise is such a treasonous car in India. I want to know, when it will be available in Chennai.

ashika |20 Jun,2011 03:16:40 PM

low engine capacity

• PRADEEP |05 May,2010 03:39:08 PM

@sampat The mileage is average mileage. Not for city drive alone. @ Vipin The Wagon R bookings are going on in chennai. But the waiting period is more than 30 days.

• Pranesh |06 May,2010 09:35:31 AM

i really admire Wagon R from its first version. Now this blue eyed looks fantastic. hmm what to do just 2 years back i purchased the previous version. i think customers will have the best value with this blue eyed boy!!

• abdul bari |09 May,2010 11:20:31 PM

I am already A mauthi wagoran R user I wish to buy a new wagonR

• Manish |16 May,2010 07:54:59 PM

I parched wagnoR before 2 month for my son birthday gift. But when i see new wagonR .wagonR intrior is so butifull . Than i want to purchase new wagonR

nandkumar |18 Apr,2011 08:45:18 PM

• Rutwik Taday |24 May,2010 11:19:29 PM

I love the style of this car and maruti have done a fantastic job to modify that car

• dinkar dixit |27 May,2010 05:56:58 PM

Dear Friends, I am confussed to buy estilo or wagon r (BSIV). PL SUGGEST ME. THNKS.

nehit |25 Nov,2010 11:10:32 PM

go for wagon r estilo is not having gud pickup and not gud enough for long routes also & mountain area.

vaibhav |26 Mar,2011 04:03:00 PM

bt nehit the engine in new wagon r and estillo is the sapce wise n comfortwise wagon r is good than estillo..

• gitar |28 May,2010 11:54:42 AM

its a fucking dumbshit should not be bought ]

• kaustav |31 Jul,2010 08:30:40 PM

I am totally confused between two cars.New estilo VXI

• DD Gadhikar |26 Aug,2010 11:57:03 PM

Dear Friends, I am confussed to buy estilo vxi BS IV or wagon r vxi (BSIV). Looking for early reply Thank you

• siva |06 Sep,2010 09:23:56 AM

estilo is better

vimal patel |03 Mar,2011 04:16:06 PM

wagon-r is the best dear. once u drive it then u will come to know.

• Max |27 Sep,2010 01:19:31 PM

I would like to know what is the average mileage in the city for the new Wagon R from an existing user

Anand joshi |28 Dec,2010 08:22:59 AM

Dear Max, Though it purely depends on your driving skills, yet new maruti wagon R will certainly give you 13.5 to 14 in city driving conditions else on highways 17 is assured.

Gaurav |01 Jun,2011 02:01:01 AM

With AC on is it ?

Anand Joshi |01 Jun,2011 12:05:44 PM

Yes, the above average shown is with AC on. However, in Bangalore AC is used at random.

• Subh Nath |30 Sep,2010 11:31:37 AM

its owesome to have the blue eyed boy but the waiting period for me in Arunachal Pradesh it too much . I 've already booked one but not get yet.

• vinay patil |19 Oct,2010 07:53:14 PM

its a beautiful cal . excellent power

• anshul |22 Oct,2010 01:22:01 PM

wagon-r-blue eyed boy is a fantastic car. i m owner of this car.Maruti have done a fantastic job by manufacturing such a this type of car. Milege and average is about 16 in d city and 18 on d high way of dis car. The interior of dis car is fabulus and outstanding.....when i drive and sit in my car i feel like heaven.And d performence of dis car with A.C. is outstanding and pick is also better than other car like Estilo and Ritz also. I advise all of u 2 purchase dis car and feel d Riding of dis marvoulous one.

• sm |29 Oct,2010 11:38:39 AM

I have booked the wagon-r-blued eyed. Yet to rceive... It is a beautiful car. Nice job Maruti.

• amarmly |06 Nov,2010 09:27:02 PM

i am going to order wegon r cng but will get after two months.why so late?i heared about some problums are in cng system here. i have confused.

• Sanjay Indulkar |13 Nov,2010 11:21:57 PM

why price diffrence between showroom and on web site.

• sanjay patil |15 Nov,2010 07:37:45 AM

I have shows Internet Showroom price if WAGON R LXI cng is Rs.408583.00 but I have visited Show room they give me price Rs.416649.00.. Why it is different. If we count Handling changes Rs.4900.00 in internet price also not match with Show room price.

• Thomas |09 Dec,2010 12:00:08 PM

Any comments about Wago CNG? I'm waiting for my good frnds to comment on it.

• yukul |06 Jan,2011 01:39:17 PM

which is better one b/w maruti new wagonr or hyundai new i10...suggest me with a reason

• debabrata |09 Jan,2011 05:07:05 PM

has Wagonr vxi power windows for all doors ?

CarDekho Team |10 Jan,2011 01:04:11 PM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that Maruti Wagon R Vxi has got four door power windows. Thanks

• fredrick |09 Jan,2011 09:33:46 PM

what does it mean when my new wagon r vxi gives three chirps and two flashes instead of two chirps and two flashes when unlockin the car

• taqi |27 Jan,2011 01:46:03 PM

I want to Purchase WAGON R latest version .This car is ok or not

CarDekho Team |27 Jan,2011 02:58:20 PM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that New Maruti Wagon R is a good car. The car is powered by new 998 cc K-10 series petrol engine. The interiors of new variant has been crafted to make it more spacious whereas the exterior designs and more graceful and sporty. For further assistance you can send us your contact number on our id and our auto-experts will assist you. Thanks

• vishesh jain |08 Feb,2011 12:22:53 AM

Guys, after a long analysis and detailed comparision between estilo, i-10, figo, spark and beat, I just made the final decision to buy the new wagon R LXI (blue eyed model). The moment i entered the car for the test drive, I was floored by its sheer space inside, the classy interiors and lovely exterior (lights, width, boot space, collapisble rear seats). Trust me, I immediately made up my mind to go for this car. The price i am being offered is Rs. 415000 (after 13000/- cash discount in mumbai). It's always been seen as a great value-for-money car but the boxy looks were off-putting. Maruti Suzuki must be appreciated for the cosmetic and technical changes it made to the old wagon r. Now it's irresistable! I would request potential buyers to just go and check out the car, rather see it on internet.

Soumyajyoti |31 Jul,2011 12:09:47 AM

I booked a VXI model yet to receive it .waiting for it eagarly

• amit |24 Feb,2011 10:40:26 PM

Kindly Suggest me on the engine capacity that has been reduced from 1100 to 998cc. is it have any impact on the performance of the vehicle or the A/c system of the car? specially in CNG version of the car.

• sanju |10 Mar,2011 12:29:11 AM

Which car I have to buy Wagon R LXI or Alto K10 VXI.... Why??? Kindly suggest.

• ranee |09 Apr,2011 12:52:03 PM

which is better wagonar vxi or swift vxi

Pankaj |26 Apr,2011 01:59:08 PM

Definitely Swift VXI is better in Power & Style if your budget allows. But both the cars belongs to different segments. You can't compare them.

• l pereira |16 Apr,2011 07:10:42 AM

Dear sir I would like to know the on road price in goa & if there is any ofear from your side thank you pereira

• Ajit |09 May,2011 02:59:52 PM

I purchased Wagon R Vxi model in June 2010. I am getting an Avg of 16 km in city with mixed mode drive (ac and non-ac mode). On highway with ac on i got around 20 .

• shiv adhikari |24 Aug,2011 06:17:16 PM

wagon R the beluw eye boy is not good car

• dinesh m |04 Sep,2011 06:53:31 PM

i am going to buy wagon r blue eyed boy LPG since CNG version is not available in bangalore. If in future CNG fuel is available in bang is it safe for me to fit it outside OR will the maruti company dealer fit CNG for the old wagon r vehicles

• nilesh |28 Nov,2011 07:48:21 PM

so many comments positive and negative also..I need review from the person who has experienced driving WagonR for at least two years. New owners will always say its a good car.

• Anjani |16 Mar,2012 01:16:29 PM

i want to know that which car is best wagon-r or alto-k10?

• t navin |22 Apr,2012 07:50:42 PM

i have bought wagon r vxi in march 2012 and i have covered 2500km till date, the average mileage was 14km/lit with a/c on high way. the performance of the car was good, hope the mileage may increase after 2nd service.During my entire trip to south canara i have faced one problem, ie whenever i have to slow down the car near speed breakers i have to shift the gear to 1st for initial pickup, where as my earlier car alto was moving in the 2nd gear itself.the other problem is lack of space in the glove compartment.i hope this can be solved by utilising the dummy space provided for airbags on the dashboard with little modification

• Prashant |04 Jun,2012 03:00:27 PM

Team, Are we really posting the CAR review here? These are just the comments and common features that are posted every where on internet. Can some one post the REAL information about the car here? :(

• mani |26 Nov,2012 02:57:39 PM

20km/liter millage, smooth ride, spacious, good looking..... worth for the pay... lone it..

• vinayak patil |14 Mar,2013 04:52:24 PM

it is realy nice & worth

Maruti Wagon R review scorecard