Good Choice

• Appearance

Let me tell you my views about this car Frankly..!!

I have never liked the external design of this car, however, still, I bought it. Why is this so I will tell you.

So before purchasing the car I was very passionate and I had made a lot of search on net and with persons etc. This is our very first car. So we wanted the car. Hence we searched many cars, but since as I told you all that it's our first car. The main thing is that if it is your first car then definitely go for Maruti Suzuki. And this was told to us not only by few people but approx about 80% people. So we have made one thing sure that now we should go for Maruti Car only.

Once our brand was decided then, personally speaking, I was a fan of the new Estilo. I just loved the looks of the car, very great and looked like a mini Innova. However, on one day I visited Maruti Showroom and sat on Estilos rear seat and found that the seat is pathetic not at all comfortable. My legs were touching the front seats back side and it was very difficult to seat 3 people of my size on the back seat. So then and there only we Rejected the Estilo from our mind.

Now we started looking at other cars in that showroom.

Alto: Never our choice

Astar: Out of budget

Estilo: Rejected.

Swift: Out of budget

Ecco: Not our choice

The only option left was the Eagon R. So my Wagon R was not because of choice but because I had not any other option!!

But Wagon R surely provided me with the good rear seat space which can take me comfortably and without touching my knees to front seats back side. So We Booked our new Wagon R. Firebrick Red Colour. I have never liked the design of the Wagon R, old and even new.

Exterior: Firstly Wagon R (old and new) I never liked d design. Only good thing is that the front looks are improved in new Wagon R and which are surely good. But they increased the height of the car, why?

Really Why Maruti has increased the height of this car in the new model when it was already known for its Tall Boy Shape. Now if  you see the car from the side view it gives you good looks till mirrors but from mirrors to end of this car it is pathetic. Just like a box has kept. I really don't know why the Maruti guys not making a dramatic change in looks of the Wagon R as they have made in Zen Estilo? I am sure they could have made a car with the decent curvy look.

Frankly Speaking, the Car is surely not eye catching.

Interior (Features, Space & Comfort): The Dashboard height big. Its really difficult to take the judgement while driving in the city like Mumbai in bumper to bumper traffic. They made the dashboard height tall but not the seat height.

I am 5'9" person still, I am facing such problems. What about the drivers which are shorter than me.

Plastic Quality and seat are good. Dual tone interior gives good looks.

Engine performance, fuel economy and gearbox : Engine performance is good. The engine is responsive quickly. Smooth ride quality. No noise of the engine. I have driven 2000 km and so far.

Fuel Economy is good:

City: 14Kmpl with AC

Highway: 18Kmpl with AC

Ride Quality & Handling Ride Quality is good, Effortless driving handling is smooth. The steering wheel is a good size, not very small not very big and even not very thin and thick also. It's perfect steering wheel.

Final Words Technically Car is good. But Dear ultimately it makes u tired after city driving in Mumbai. I have driven old Zen and new Hyundai i10 of my friend. Both gave enjoy while driving and not made tired. So thing 3 times before going for this car. Since What Maruti Has did is. They have fitted the same Engine in all the cars. Alto K10, Estilo, Wagon R, A-star etc only looks and chassis are different. So think on the comfortability of your car. Check whether it gives you nice feeling while driving or makes u tired.

My Suggestion would be. When you will buy any car or when you decide finally over a particular car then drive that car at least for 40 km. Find your any friend any relative having the same car and drive it and then go for the final decision. So you will Not Regret your decision as I am feeling.

Areas of improvement a lot. Dashboard height should be minimised, seat height adjustment should be given, and overall looks should be improved.

Comments Maruti Wagon R