Cherishing My Maruti Wagon R After 4 Years

• Appearance

Pros : Excellent pick up, smooth gear shift, comfortable seating

Cons : The right hand pillar obstructing vision

Look and Style: I like the car having a good height as that is normally missing in today's hatchbacks and we all have a good built in my family. The interiors of the car are not great as the dashboard and various controls are simple looking. The colour I feel makes a lot of difference and that's why I chose a Cherry red colour.

Comfort: This is one feature that I can go on and on talking and complimenting the car makers for. The seating as well as the driving comfort is really nice. Even if there is a tall driver, the person sitting at the rear seats would not feel any sort of suffocation. The power steering adds tonnes of comfort in the driving experience.

Pickup: The pick up is really good when started on Petrol, while one has to be careful with LPG. When trying to start the vehicle on LPG, one should always wait till the meter reads the fuel completely as otherwise, it creates a problem is picking up.

Mileage: I get a mileage of approximately 15 Kmpl in the city area with LPG and that is amazing according to me.

Best Features: The riding and driving comfort is amazing. Also, the car is extremely user-friendly in terms of various controls and interior designing. Also, coming from Maruti Suzuki always gives an added advantage that the service is never a problem.

Needs to improve: Two things needs to be taken care of by the company. One is the right-hand pillar obstructing the view while driving. Second is that when the speed is not lowered on speed breakers, the car automatically comes in Neutral, which can prove fatal.

Overall Experience: I am more than satisfied investing my money in a Maruti Suzuki Wagon R as in terms of performance and maintenance I have never faced any issue with the car. I would like to recommend the car to all buyers who are looking for a cheap and value for money hatchback.

Comments Maruti Wagon R
  • Dr Peeyush Chaudhary |22 Sep,2010 01:23:46 PM

Wagon R happens to be one of my favorite cars and I fully agree with Siddarth's comments. The ergonomics are the USP of this vehicle. While some of us do not like the upright sitting arrangement but when it comes to backaches, the is no sitting position like Wagon R's ! The interior space available is phenomenal and it retains the outer dimensions of a small car at the same time....wonderful engineering. Maruti could do better and improve the quality of fixtures. A wooden finish on the central console and a central armrest would go a long way in improving the interior looks as well as comfort.

• Ganapathy K.K. |23 Sep,2010 01:57:30 PM

I like Wagon R and sitting position of the vehicle.And its cute look ,quick start n pick up.Really a beautyfull one.

• Gopi |28 Nov,2010 08:35:33 PM

Wagon R CNG is available in chennai? Pls conform, also how many CNG stations in chennai.. selecting CNG and LPG any major difference? becase LPG not safe because? suggestion required... also update me year end major discount avble? becase closeing year end...depreciation? anybody can reply its more useful for me and others like me...if any more info its good...

Maruti Wagon R review scorecard