Zip Zap zoom in my Maruti Ritz

By for Maruti Ritz from Delhi 2010-09-08 15:19:06.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Great pick up, extraordinarily smooth drive, good mileage

Cons : None till now

I am quite delighted to write a review here on cardekho.com, as the website proved instrumental in making my purchase decision. I could find a number of user reviews and answers to so many of my queries. I bought a Green colored Ritz about 4 months back and am more than happy with this small package of luxury and comfort. The car offers every possible important feature in a really attractive price. While deciding to make a buying decision, I had my eyes on Chevrolet Beat, Hyundai i10 and Ritz. The looks of Chevrolet Beat attracted me from the day I saw its forst tv commercial, but was quite unsure of the resale value of the car and of the service networking of Chevrolet. Hyundai i10 was owned by my brother and thus I did not wish to end having two simillar cars in the porche. I still remember the day when I went for a test drive of Maruti Ritz and the car struck me with its cozy and luxurius interiors. I live in the crowded city of New Delhi and the car cruises like magic. I thought of hiring a chauffer intially but then chose to drive the car myself as its too smooth and comfortable. The air-conditioner works superb, even in extreme summers and even when the car is being parked in sunlight for hours. I can be honest in saying that the car reaches a speed of 80-90 kmph without one realising it on normal working days in city traffic conditions. Trust me on that. I have heard that the car is built on the platform of Maruti Suzuki Swift and thus the tyres and suspension are superb to make the car glide when on way. The dashboard is bigger than the other cars in the same segment. One area where there seems no scope of complaints is that of Spaciousness, both in terms of leg room and head room the car offers brilliant space. The driver seat is very comfortable and adjustable just to the right amount. Indeed, once sitting inside it seems as if the car is a smaller version of Innova as the seating is quite simillar. In terms of mileage and economy the car offers a superb mileage of around 15kmpl in city areas with the air conditioner switched on most of the times. I am quite satisfied with the low maintainence necessities of the car as was expected out of a Maruti vehicle.

• dimple |15 Sep,2010 12:39:40 AM

i also wanted to purchase maruti suzuki ritz but after talking to the people got very bad comments on its back portion look ,i am in a hurry and i am buying a car for the first time in my life and dnt want to take wrong decesion its true that my first choice is swift vxi but it will take at least 1-2 month as/maruti dealers so pls suggest me what should i do

• c trikanth |15 Sep,2010 07:15:06 AM

I too agree with the above review. I thank cardekho for the product reviews. I bought a ritz after comparing with I10. beat is no match at all for ritz. even I prefer ritz is better than I20. great car that nerver fails.

• syam |15 Sep,2010 10:23:10 AM

i m using a ritz vdi for the last 9 mnts,quiet comfortable car ,smoother drive(diesel),excellent mileage of 18 kmpl in the city and 22 kmpl on highway,the special attraction lies in the dash board,waterfall console and the gear.thanks to maruti suziki.

pritam |07 Nov,2010 01:33:11 PM

hi, i am planning for Ritz vdi. please can you tell me more about ritz vdi.... as i heard people saying it start trabelling in 4~5 gear spped like extra smoke etc...... please suggest me.

• Khalid hashmi |15 Sep,2010 12:56:35 PM

I bought Ritz last year and am totally satisfied with the performance.My brother is having a Swift and I too was inclined to buy the same but after test driving Ritz and looking at the boot space and comfort at the rear in addition to smooth driving I preferred to buy Ritz and is happy that I made the right choice.

• Sundararajan RS Iyengar |16 Sep,2010 09:53:56 AM

As such I too agree with dimple for the same. In my recollection, I went for the maruti ritz but i found that the back portion of the car is just fitted right on top of the wheel assembly and that putting much weight on that would eventually put pressure on the coil springs on the back portion, thereby the vehicle will be needing a mix of maximum push and that the wear tear of the coil springs will be within 6 months of purchase and that the brakes will naturally wear out. With a vehicle of such bad design and engineering the wearing out of the tyres will be much faster than as expected. Going for any other vehicle other than maruti is better, and my preference is just a wait-and-watch for the next 2 years whereby there will be lots of changes in the market. We will be having the best of the products at that time. Even the Chevrolet Beat is also built on the same platform as like the Maruti Ritz and the ground clearance is just the same as in both. Even Hyundai Santro is much the same, but it is with much of a difference and that the only disparity is the mileage per litre of petrol/diesel

• c p aryan |25 Sep,2010 08:26:50 PM

i booked Ritz lxi breares chocolate, i may get next month, i like boomaring back of the car and milage

• Kapil |28 Sep,2010 11:34:00 AM

Dear Mr. Sundararajan, Is Maruti the leading car manufacturer lacking the good engineering ? Is this you want to say ? Because the pint you have put here, do they guys not know ?

• Jignesh Boricha |04 Oct,2010 12:14:47 PM

I am proud to be an owner of Maruti Ritz coz its capturing lot of hearts and becoming famous day by day and no wonder its car of the year - actually the facebook page is far more better check it out here - 'http://www.facebook.com/ritzbymaruti ....also trust me it is a sturdy and stable car even @170 km/ph

• saikat ghosh |28 Oct,2010 03:14:53 PM

Hi Mr Sundaram,i will say that then you please go for a SUV...b'cos all sedan and hatchbaks have these type of engineering and Ritz is not an exception...I own a Ritz and it's excellent in evry aspect...even if you compare with swift...yes when you first see it it won't appeal but u will start liking it if you look at it again and again...that is why ritz's sales is picking up slowly and slowly...just see how nay Ritz u swa 1 year back and see now..ublike swift and i10 which all jumped into the market soon after the launch. Suzuki and Opel already running this car successfuly in Europe as Splash and Agila...We all should b thankful to suzuki that they have taken a bold decision in launching this car in India where people don't allow changes...Ritz has the best and different look from any car in India at present in the same segment...