Worth every penny spent.

By for Maruti Ritz 2016-12-28 19:14:01.0
  • Appearance

Maruti Suzuki - Ritz "The Tall hatch" from the wide portfolio of Maruti Suzuki is genuinely a no nonsense car.

The reasons I bought it were as follows.

1. It carries the name "MARUTI". Just like any other Indian even for me the word MARUTI screams Trust, Reliability, Good resale value, Wide service network, Affordable spares.

2. It was offering a Diesel Engine (I opted for VDi)

3. Compare to Swift it was approximately Rs.40,000/- cheaper at that time and was offering the same engine as Swift.

4. Availability - No waiting period.

I have already clocked around 90,000 Kms in last 6.5 Years and I'm totally satisfied with its performance. In these 6.5 Years never has been a day that I regretted buying this car. I basically use it for my daily routine from my house to office which is approximately 10 kms and occasionally for a long trip as well. It's great to drive it in city as well as on a Highway.

The overall fuel efficiency is great as well. I have been steadily getting around 15-16 Km/Ltr. The overall built of the car is quite impressive. Till now I have replaced all the 4 tyres and battery with new ones. There have been minor issues with the AC twice but were easily fixed by the local mechanic. Even the local mechanics swear by Maruti, they always advice me to replace this car only with a MARUTI car.

Coming to the Interiors. They are quite simple and basic which isn't a problem with me. They have given a nice sporty Tachometer on the dash to give it a sports car feel. There is a very clean and nice odometer. The steering is quite comfortable. The gear box is very smartly placed and adds to the modern look of the car also it is very soft to use. There are sufficient Knick-knacks in the car, my personal favourite is the compartment on the centre of dashboard.

The rear seating is very comfortable as well with sufficient knee and head room. 3 people can manage comfortably in the rear seats. The boot space is also sufficient. Exteriors: The tail lights of the car looks really modern and add to the overall rear look of the car. The VDi trim is provided with two round fog lamps on the bumper.

The side profile is quite appealing as well. The Tyres are bigger than the most of the other hatchbacks in the market. The Wheel caps have a pleasant design. The overall width of the Car and Wheelbase is such that it is very easy to maneuver the car in a cranky city ride.

Cons:

1. The diesel engine does have that loud peculiar sound that easily differentiates it with a petrol car.

2. The spare parts aren't that reasonable as I expected.

3. No music system and no audio controls on the steering.

Conclusion: Overall as mentioned its worth every penny spent. It is very different from other hatchbacks available in the market in terms of overall appearance. Great engine, great fuel economy.

• Abhijit Kumar Ghoshal |14 Dec,2017 05:20:31 PM

Excellent car with unique mileage, big wheels to have better grip on Road. AC is wonderful . For common use,the car is best of its kind. Enough space inside. What more is needed. The only drawback is the shape of the car. It is difficult for an elderly person to drive as the entire front portion is not visible. Otherwise I love the car.