Rating of Maruti Ritz

Maruti Ritz vs Chevrolet Beat

A
Ashish Pal
On: Jan 30, 2010 | 34224 Views

My first car was Wagon-R LXI, I bought it in Feb-2005, my next car was Honda City-Zxi Automatic, I bought it in Jan-2007, and I drive both the cars myself My observations about Maruti Ritz (LXI and VXI)was  On road Price offered to me on 27.01.2010 (Delhi) Rs.4,16,000/- (approx.) for LXI Rs.4,62,000/- (approx.) for VXI Rs.5,22,000/- (approx.) for ZXI (Out of my budget) with a discount of 7500/- on each model. Price difference between LXI and VXI, 46,000/- VXI model is fitted with Power Windows (front and rear), Central Locking without remote, Tachometer, Wheel Caps, and 4-5 sensors like Door, Key, Seat Belt reminder, etc. Door handles and Rear View Mirrors are without body paint (cheap doings) Central Locking without remote No Music System Drive Good Dash Board Looks Good but quality of the plastic on doors is poor, the guy told me not to compare it with the interiors of Honda city. Looks Good.. In general 46,000/- for power windows, central locking and a tachometer in VXI as compared to LXI), ZXI was beyond my budget. So with a nice Music System without which my wife cannot drive, VXI model will cost 4,62,00/- + 12,000/- (Music System) - 7,500/- (Discount) = 4,66,500/- My observation about Chevrolet Beat On road Price offered to me on 27.01.2010 (Delhi) Rs.4,23,000/- (approx.) for Top Model with no discount and waiting Front and Rear Power Windows Music System (Integrated Blupunk Music System) Central Locking without Remote Climate Control Air Conditioner (Even Not present in my Honda City, available in Honda Civic) State of the Art dash board, with Electronically displayed Air-Flow Direction Blue lights emerging out of the Dash Board in the night remind me of Honda Civic Rear Defogger and Washer Excellent Interiors with good quality material Looks like a heavy gauge metal sheet for the outer body as compared to Ritz Manual Internally adjustable Rear View Mirrors Battery Saver Electronic Tachometer Tilt Steering Steering is more smooth as compared to Ritz-VXI Sunglass Holder Very beautiful Shiny Black Finish on the Dashboard and Doors Body Colored Door Handles and Rear View Mirrors They told me bumpers are impact proof (I've not tested it.) Light in the boot area Power Windows are more smooth as compared to Ritz-VXI Very nicely packed Tools (Stepney Sized Tools Holder) Smooth Drive Dash Board is good but the Meter Panel is not so impressive. Silver and Dark Grey Car Colors are not available (What a foolish thing!) Looks like little compact from inside Ritz's tail light looks good as compared to Beats (In my personal view) RESULT: In my personal opinion Maruti Ritz is better looking as compared to Chevrolet Beat. Martuti Ritz VXI is badly overpriced if you compare it with Ritz LXI So if you are looking at Swift, A-Star, Ritz you must visit and see Chevrolet Beat once. I have selected and booked Chevrolet Beat Top Model (LT without Options Pack) as my next 3rd Car on 29.01.2010

Other Ritz Reviews