Maruti Celerio AMT - User Review

By for Maruti Celerio 2014-2017 2014-11-18 19:05:55.0
  • Appearance

Pros : AMT, Looks, Interiors

Cons : Steering feels inconsistent on high speeds

I bought Maruti Celerio Vxi AMT 2 months ago and am driving it keenly to come up with a conclusion of how this car is. As familiar, it is powered by a 3 cylinder 1.0 litre motor which is nimble to drive and is adequately zippy with the automatic. It is a five speed automatic plus one reverse. Since, there is no clutch to depress it is easier to cruise in any kind of road condition. The gear shifts could be felt while the automatic changes them and could be seen as a minus but still the gearbox is pretty tight. It also allows manual changes by just flicking the stick forward or backward and lets you go all the way to the red line before shifting to next. On the mileage front, I recorded around 18kmpl in city while over 21 kmpl on highway which are impressive numbers to me.

On the inside, NVH levels are tackled nicely and it feels very quiet also the head and legs get enough clearance to make me comfortable. The dual tone dash and interior paneling looks pleasant. A sense of safety could be felt inside the cabin as everything surrounds you tightly. Road visibility is ample, steering feels a bit inconsistent if you leave it free while it is agile when tackled correctly. The A/C is cool enough and its controls feels upmarket.

• SUSANTA KUMAR BHAUMIK |24 Nov,2014 08:18:52 PM

Mil age is recorded with a/c or not?

ambika |11 Jun,2016 12:58:07 PM

I have over 22.5 kmpl with ac always on

• Saurabh |04 Dec,2014 11:14:47 PM

Have you driven it on highway ?? if yes how was your experience ??

• faraz |21 Feb,2015 03:29:22 PM

I also plane to buy celerio Any body help in it

R K Ajmera |15 Mar,2015 06:39:10 PM

I also want to buy maruti celerio AMT

M N Sathish Babu |02 Jun,2017 03:30:59 PM

I had purchased Celerio on November 2015, It is excellent vehicle, no Traffic hassle, it takes the load on all the road like Ghat section also. But only defect I feel is after 40,000 Kmt clutch plate trouble is there . Vehicle gives jerks in the traffic and during reverse.

• surya |30 Mar,2015 07:15:26 PM

I want to take AMT suggest me which one comfort with ride

• Gajendra |07 Apr,2015 10:57:53 AM

i buying celerio vxi amt in mid of march m satisfied all features but not satisfied to milage because milage in city very low mean about 17 and a minus point radio anteena size this size is very big

• pradeep nikumbh |17 Apr,2015 04:38:54 PM

planing to buy but confused whether to go for amt or manual

• sid |14 Dec,2015 07:42:42 PM

How is your experience while climbing hill/ bridge in stop n go traffic...I heard if u press the accelerator quickly, it can roll back

• PRADEEP Nikumbh |16 Mar,2016 06:06:09 PM

Is it necessary to down shift the gears in manual mode, I was told by one of the sellsman that no need to down shifts in manual mode.

• Sen K Mathew |31 Jan,2017 08:38:11 AM

I am planning to buy celerio zxi manual gear. Could you please help in giving correct details for follwoing doubts. 1. Whats it actual mileage in city in average driving mode? 2. Whats it actual mileage in highway in average driving mode? 3. What about its A/c. 4. What about its other expenses. 5. Is it comfortable to drive. 6. What is your openion about its Power steering. 7. Does it have Good CD + Usb Player. 8. Are you feeling the power drop when A/c is ON All these for a manual driven Car

• VENKATRAMREDDY |01 May,2017 01:46:42 PM

Iam purchase celerio zxi amt on 28-04-2017

• CKS Kutty |26 Jun,2017 09:01:35 PM

I want to go for Celerio Zxi AMT.. Any advise from my friends who can advise me with their experience..What about mileage? with automatic option, is there any chance of low mileage?

• CKS Kutty |14 Jul,2017 07:29:07 PM

Why Maruti vehicles are limited to 40,000 km in warranty where as others are 100,000 km. Its time to extend...