Evident Problems - Rear suspension

By for Maruti Baleno 2016-06-07 15:11:05.0
716 people found it helpful. 195748 ViewsWrite Review
  • Appearance

Pros : Looks, Boot space

Cons : Back seat support, Rear shockers, Low mileage

Over the 1000Kms that I have done with the Baleno, here are the plus and minus points of my ownership till date:-

Plus points

1. The car looks great on the outside. It has a big stance on the road.

2. It has a big boot.

3. Front seats are comfortable and have reasonable headroom.

Minus points

I own about four cars currently and I did a lot of research on this car before purchasing. However, I am disappointed on the following fronts.

1. Low Mileage - So far it is around 13km/litre. I hope this increases after service. This was among one of the main reasons of buying this car of Maruti brand.

2. Worst Back Seat comfort - This car needs more of thigh support for the back seat passengers. This becomes problematic if travel duration is more than an hour.

3. Issues with Rear Shockers - Even if we drive slowly over a smallest of the pot hole, there is a definite thud which is felt by the passenger sitting on the rear seat. This issue was confirmed to me by other car owners as well. I hope Maruti comes out with a solution to this. This can actually affect Maruti's future for this car.

• Rosha yy |24 Jun,2016 11:14:35 PM

Of all the problem mentioned by u the most irritating is rear suspension! So dumb it is.. Maruti shd call back to rectify it as well. Its not fit as of now looking on to indian road condition.

• abhi |29 Jul,2016 06:01:29 PM

Rear sit and shokab not good i am confuse?

• Rockland |21 Sep,2016 07:47:06 AM

I booked alpha petrol...but I'm totally disappoint with your review...is it really a hard rear suspension? Even not like swift?

• Vinod |03 Nov,2016 11:22:20 AM

I want to know that cng kit is success or not in baleno delta

• jothi |24 Nov,2016 10:31:02 PM

which car i have to purchase either swift dzire vxi petrol or baleno delta

• NIKHIL SINGH |04 Dec,2016 02:42:04 PM

BALENO DELTA AT PETROL Whats the problem: 1. The suspensions don't really work much - The ride of Baleno is way too bumpy. 2. The poor suspensions does nullify the premium-ness of the car and gives very-very poor ride quality. 3. When compared, we could find that even car cheaper than Baleno have better suspensions and ride quality. I won't wonder if suspension reduces your sales numbers.

Rony |04 Jul,2017 09:49:21 AM

That's true. Although i don't own this car but i was attracted towards look of this car but sadly comfort/suspension/build quality disappointed me. I took two test drive to make myself convinced but i realized i shouldn't think about look just I explored for 3 month and concluded Ford Figo or Aspire (if big boot needed) Diesel variant is much much better option at the price range. I checked everything i could..comfort/power/ride handling/built/look (front is too good) and it fulfills all need...

• NIKHIL SINGH |05 Dec,2016 09:08:02 AM

Nexa Baleno suspension is horrible even a small bump the who body of the car jump driving is very uncomfortable it looks like driving 10 years old car . the buppy ride is worst than the any auto

Rony |04 Jul,2017 09:54:25 AM

Agree again. It can't handle small potholes on the road and made you noticed. So simple you can't relax inside. I looks premium but it is not, trust me. It doesn't worth spending 7.5 Lac at all. You may compare Figo and Baleno on this site itself and will found Figo the winner in almost every aspects. CarDekho has its own testing rating that will show you.

• Rajesh |29 Dec,2016 05:08:05 PM

new offer

• veerrraju |20 Feb,2017 03:41:03 AM

I own a baleno Delta petrol version and after 5000kms of run, I found that Rear suspension is worst in Baleno, as my family memebers sitting on the rear side are very much irritated to travel as bumps are more, and we cant travel longer distances above 100kms with this type of suspension..Maruruti should recall and fix this isuue ASAP, otherwise sales will drop

dayanand |13 Mar,2017 04:56:41 PM

right a m agree with u

Rony |04 Jul,2017 09:56:06 AM

True. It has already been dropped. Waiting period is also reduced to 4-6 weeks and they call me frequently saying a customer cancelled his booking so you can buy this car right away.

• Dfghjkk |20 Feb,2017 10:52:38 PM

Your getting mileage is totally wrong, because i got 19 km/lit on highway...

• Rajashekar |17 Mar,2017 01:00:10 PM

My Baleno Delta has done 5000 km and the rear suspension needs to be changed, please recall before the defect is highlited by many people.

• neha |22 Mar,2017 02:49:57 PM

Suspension is really very poor ...ride is not at all comfortable its rather too bumpy and not feel like you are riding a premium segment car

• zahid |23 Mar,2017 03:28:09 PM

The rear suspension is an acknowledged and unresolved problem faced by all Baleno owners.The manufacturers have decided to ignore the issue in spite of several complaints from my end

• SANJIV TRIKHA |07 Apr,2017 12:12:44 PM

I agree that Baleno has very very poor suspension and I am sorry that I have bought this car. Maruti should address this problem

• SUNDEEP MONGA |26 Apr,2017 04:01:49 PM

I WAS THINKING OF BUYING THIS CAR EVEN WITH A 16 WEEK WAITING BUT NOW I WONT. WHILE TEST DRIVE I FELT THIS ISSUE BUT THE SALES GUY GAVE ME SOME OTHER WEIRD EXPLANATION. SO NOW I AM CONVINCED WHAT I FELT

• Kumar |29 Apr,2017 02:12:03 PM

Rear suspension is worst than that of bullock cart

• kumar |29 Apr,2017 02:26:04 PM

Don't buy Baleno until the suspension problem is fixed; Dear owners... please keep sharing your experience in all possible platforms until defect prone Baleno vehicles are recalled

• sreedhar |17 May,2017 08:47:06 PM

Rear suspension is very poor my family members are worried to sit on rear seat .

• Ram |26 May,2017 11:33:17 AM

I got a Baleno CVT Zeta and its been 5000 kms so far....as mentioned by everyone, Baleno has a very poor front and rear suspension. its very bouncy and poor response with even on small pot holes....please dont go for any baleno models until the issue is resolved / recalled by Maruti...Very Poor Customer service...they acknowledge that there is an issue but they can't do anything about it...planning to file a case in consumer court !!!

• RADHA SRI SESHU KOLL |01 Jul,2017 11:16:58 AM

After seeing the above posts on suspensions, I withdraw my decision to own Baleno. Can some one suggest the car for me. This is my car. My Budget is around 7Lakhs.

Rony |04 Jul,2017 10:05:14 AM

Considering Hatchback cars as my choice, I researched for 3 month and i found following cars by rank - 1. Ford Figo 1.5D (Diesel) (Petrol is not that good in terms of power) Pros - Power of 1500 cc engine. Best in class suspension/comfort/riding quality/refined diesel engine for less cabin noise. Best built quality means no weight reduced to make fuel efficient. ABS with EBD for safety. Cons: bit small boot space. Touch screen infotainment (doesn't require i think).

Rony |04 Jul,2017 10:15:39 AM

...Missed to add important thing..is Mileage. it gives you best in call mileage of 18-20 KMPL in city and 22-24 KMPL on Highway.

• Rony |04 Jul,2017 10:13:09 AM

2. Hyundai Elite i20 - Pros - Comfort/Suspension/Ride handling/Best in call features/Class interiors & exterior Cons - Low Mileage 12-13kmpl in city (Petrol). ABS + EBD only in top variant ASTA which is so expensive. (8 lac+) 3. Grand i10 ASTA Pros : As above in i20, along with Airbags, ABS safety features. Cons: Low mileage 14-16 kmpl in city (If you are Ok with that, go ahead)

• Anagha Purohit |23 Aug,2017 01:17:18 PM

Which car i have to buy Ford Aspire titanium or Hundai I-20 Elite or Hundai Ascent? I just confused?