Evident Problems - Rear suspension

By for Maruti Baleno 2016-06-07 15:11:05.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Looks, Boot space

Cons : Back seat support, Rear shockers, Low mileage

Over the 1000Kms that I have done with the Baleno, here are the plus and minus points of my ownership till date:-

Plus points

1. The car looks great on the outside. It has a big stance on the road.

2. It has a big boot.

3. Front seats are comfortable and have reasonable headroom.

Minus points

I own about four cars currently and I did a lot of research on this car before purchasing. However, I am disappointed on the following fronts.

1. Low Mileage - So far it is around 13km/litre. I hope this increases after service. This was among one of the main reasons of buying this car of Maruti brand.

2. Worst Back Seat comfort - This car needs more of thigh support for the back seat passengers. This becomes problematic if travel duration is more than an hour.

3. Issues with Rear Shockers - Even if we drive slowly over a smallest of the pot hole, there is a definite thud which is felt by the passenger sitting on the rear seat. This issue was confirmed to me by other car owners as well. I hope Maruti comes out with a solution to this. This can actually affect Maruti's future for this car.

• Rosha yy |24 Jun,2016 11:14:35 PM

Of all the problem mentioned by u the most irritating is rear suspension! So dumb it is.. Maruti shd call back to rectify it as well. Its not fit as of now looking on to indian road condition.

• abhi |29 Jul,2016 06:01:29 PM

Rear sit and shokab not good i am confuse?

• Rockland |21 Sep,2016 07:47:06 AM

I booked alpha petrol...but I'm totally disappoint with your review...is it really a hard rear suspension? Even not like swift?

• jothi |24 Nov,2016 10:31:02 PM

which car i have to purchase either swift dzire vxi petrol or baleno delta

• NIKHIL SINGH |04 Dec,2016 02:42:04 PM

BALENO DELTA AT PETROL Whats the problem: 1. The suspensions don't really work much - The ride of Baleno is way too bumpy. 2. The poor suspensions does nullify the premium-ness of the car and gives very-very poor ride quality. 3. When compared, we could find that even car cheaper than Baleno have better suspensions and ride quality. I won't wonder if suspension reduces your sales numbers.

• NIKHIL SINGH |05 Dec,2016 09:08:02 AM

Nexa Baleno suspension is horrible even a small bump the who body of the car jump driving is very uncomfortable it looks like driving 10 years old car . the buppy ride is worst than the any auto