Good car with loads of features and few minor drawabacks
I have purchased this car (S 1.2 Petrol) approx two years back and have driven close to 5000 KM in that period. The car is really good and in past 2 years I've not faced any issues with it. Here is my detailed review:
- Class beating features (e.g. read ac vent, bluetooth connectivity, nice stereo system, and good cluster of instrumentation).
- Fuel economy is good. In city like Bangalore it gives a mileage of 15-17 and that easily reaches 18-20 while driving on highways.
- Nice pick-up even at low gears.
- Sound insulation inside the cabin is really good. It effectively cuts out the traffic noise upto bearable levels.
- AC quality is really good.
- The biggest drawback is the braking system specially at low gears. Even after two years of driving sometime it feels a bit too jerky.
- The fuel meter is really small, and doesn't give true idea of the fuel left in the tank. Even if there is sufficient amount, it feels like you're out of fuel due to smaller size.
- Lack of 'Distance to Empty' meter augments the problem mentioned in the previous point, and that should have been part of the instrumentation given the target segment.
- 'Speed detecting auto lock' is another feature that is surely missed (specially if you've small kid attracted to the door handle) given that it's a common feature even in lower end cars.Overall, aside from few quirks the car is really good, and I'd recommend it to anyone looking to buy a compact-sedan.
- 25 Likes
- 6 Dislikes
Other Xcent Reviews
Just a couple of hours ago, I test drove the Hyundai Xcent and being a car fanatic I would...
- 129 Likes
- 42 Dislikes
Look and Style : It looks good with fluidic design Comfort : Not really great, but just li...
- 114 Likes
- 68 Dislikes
I have purchased a New Xcent top end Model with lot of expectations to enjoy on road Sedan...
- 78 Likes
- 49 Dislikes
The rising fuel prices is always a major concern for all,who do not belong to elite class,...
- 75 Likes
- 25 Dislikes
Before owning Xcent (VTVT, S), we were using 1000cc cars like Maruti Wagon R, Cheverolet S...
- 70 Likes
- 13 Dislikes
Hyundai Xcent Further Research
Trending Hyundai Cars