Hyundai verna

By for Hyundai Verna 2016-11-14 14:01:05.0
  • Appearance

Hyundai Verna: My first Rendezvous with the stylish hatchback

Hyundai Verna has stormed the hatchback market in India since its launch. I bought the car in the second week of launch and I am quite satisfied with its performance. The entry level Sedan Hyundai Verna is decent in terms of comfort and looks and as far as the price point is concerned. I was very impressed with its Sedan looks and upmarket interiors with facilities of touchscreen infotainment and even airbag for the driver.

Hyundai Verna, despite being a hatchback is quite spacious and we three adults were able to fit in quite comfortably in the backseat. Knee space was also pretty decent and not a major hindrance which is quite common in the smaller cars.

Being a car enthusiast, I can pretty well state that the car is fair in terms of ride quality and handling. Right from the first test drive till today, I can say it could easily give Ciaz and Vento, a run for their money. But there are some weak points. According to me, when it comes to power capability, an 1400cc engine is not sufficient for five adult passengers, so a more powerful engine would be an added advantage.

Nevertheless, at a price point of Rs. 8 lacs, you can’t complain much. If you are a first-time buyer and short on budget, Hyundai Verna is the right car for you. It offers you decent specs, stylish look and segment-best interiors, and top of it, an excellent mileage of 17.17kmpl, which every petrol conscious buyer would love to go for. It is a good option if you would want to stand out and try something new apart from the popular Vento and Rapid.