Rating of Hyundai Verna 2016-2017

Cheapest Sedan with 6 Air bags.

C
CHAITHANYA KUMAR
On: Nov 04, 2016 | 104 Views

Hyundai used to serve Merc, In this car you can see that very well.

With respect to design Verna has got killer side looks and great looks for its projector head lamps.

Interior of this car makes you feel the real luxury with its most loving beige interiors, respect to pattern used on dashboard or the way curves follows on is really awesome.Ergo lever adds more comfort while with driver.

Steering design with regards to looks could have been better like i20.

Coming to power I own an automatic diesel variant.I always feel like driving a Luxury car. 128PS power makes easy to cruise on highways easily with 130+ especially with 2015 4S verna steering is heavier at high speeds comparatively, really great boon,thanks Hyundai for updating that.

Coming to mileage I drive around Bangalore city getting an mileage nearly 10 inside city and average of 14 while on highway travel.

Suspension is also comparatively hard compared to cars like i20 and previous fluidic Verna models which makes this car far better for handling body roll.

But one thing that irritates me while cruising is while pressing pedal hard ,the Engine makes huge grunt noise as it down shifts to get the pick up. This is the only lack I feel ,where DSG competitors are way ahead in providing smoothness .But while using car in city you will never feel it annoying until you are driving in traffic less roads.

Main reason I got into Verna purchase discarding DSG car or other cars is

1. I heard from Zoom cars that rent cars for self drive that when a hump hits bumper badly, and if bumper falls down even the engine will fall down what a bad design of some DSG car in this price segment!!.

2.My priority was safety this was the cheapest 6 Airbag car with good Asian Ncap rating.

3.There are 3 service centre's near my home, so some how I feel like there are more service centre's of Hyundai.

4.Hyundai authorized service centre removes dents instead of using an replace algorithm like one of hyundai competitor Ford making it easy to maintain in scenarios of damage, as everytime bumber to bumber insurance approval may not happen.

5.When I lifted boot lid I felt Verna ones was really heavy compared to City.Even with guage-thickness Verna was really better.

6.I dint like the initial turbo lag with regards to Fiat's competitor for Verna.

Very important features I feel that are missing in Verna is

1. In cars like i20 that are cheaper than Verna gets parking camera with steering adaptive parking guidelines which will be very helpful which is missing.

2. On lock in cars like i20 mirrors get closed where as in Verna this has to be done manually.

3.Competitive cars are providing cruise control which should have been present at-least with high end automatic variant.

4.Navigation system is missing.

5.Rear AC vents are provided by cars like Grand i10 but are missing in Verna.

6.Ticket holder like in i20 is missing.

7.DRL's are missing with respect to looks.

8.Every time I switch on my car by default AC gets air from outside, i.e it doesnt store previously set value really annoying.

9.Cornering head lamps that was there in i20 active is really missing.

10. Instrument panel controls button could have been placed on steering like i20.

Kindly excuse me I may be comparing with i20 a lot as I was using that car previously a lot.

On overall I would rate 8/10 for Verna and I am an happy customer of it.

Other Verna 2016-2017 Reviews

• m
    mahesh
    On: Aug 08, 2016 | 175 Views

Super

Handsome looking sedan. New face is mature, with toned-down fluidic styling • Competent 1.6L motors, especially...Read More

• P
    Parag Jain
    On: Jun 29, 2016 | 58 Views

Best in segment !!!!..

Hyundai Verna. It is actually a best combination of comfort, performance, mileage and much more. Coming with 6 a...Read More

• D
    Dileep Plakkil Arjunan
    On: Aug 12, 2017 | 352 Views

MY WORST EXPERIENCE WITH VERNA-BETTER CHEAP CHINES CAR

Dears, if you value your money earned by hard work Please don't purchase any vehicle from Hyundai though it ...Read More

• R
    Ravi Chandran
    On: May 23, 2016 | 168 Views

Review after 80,000 Kms - This is a stunner

This excellent car has to be kept in equal to a Class above. Excellent performance and fast  gear shifts make th...Read More

Hyundai Verna 2016-2017 Further Research