Regrets On Buying The I-20

• Appearance

Pros : Features

Cons : Poor pickup

Look and Style : Best but not qualitative

Comfort : Its ok but congested on rear seats.

Pickup : Poorest

1. It does not have the pickup, It does not climb a flyover in 5th Gear. 2. It as if you are driving a second hand Maruti 800 car.

3. Whenever you release your foot from the accelerator pedal, speed drops like anything.

4. You have to change gear frequent whenever I release.

4. You have to change gear frequent whenever I release 5  While on congested traffic it does not run steadily in 2nd gear you have to move your car in 1st gear.

6. Vehicular smoke, foul smell of outside, pollution inside the car. It seems as if we are driving with our windows open.

7. There is always a “THUD” sound  whenever small pit comes under any of the tyres. It feels some part is loose and striking with chassis.

8. Outside body is very fragile.

9. Body paint is of so poor quality a small scratch takes out full paint. 10. The music system is pathetic.

11. Pathetic Dealer Service (Sikka Hyundai, New Delhi) please don't buy from them.

Needs to improve On Engine of the Car, and Dealer Customer Service Overall Experience : Very very bad and I would recommend not to buy from Sikka Automobile New Delhi.

Comments Hyundai Elite i20
  • abhishek |22 Nov,2012 02:06:18 AM

yess my friend ur right it is the worst car in it's segment im also very disappointed with this car.

• saikrishna |25 Feb,2013 12:13:53 AM

you are 100% right, even im facing the same situation with my i-20. im thinking to sell it.

• srinath |27 Jan,2014 09:22:26 AM

all your observations are true. Pickup in 2nd gear is pathetic basically because of very low torque at lower RPMs, but otherwise if you shift gears every time you hit 2000+ rpm, you get pretty good acceleration. I heard that the thud sound coming from the suspension is ok, it doesn't damage the car, but its scary anyway. road grip is excellent though

Hyundai Elite i20 review scorecard