Great Looks, Great Interiors, Decent Performance

By for Hyundai i20 2015-2017 2016-08-05 15:10:41.0
  • Appearance

There is no doubting that elite i20 is one of the most good looking cars in its segment. While Jazz can take away the crown of unique looks, i20 holds the fort with its fresh European look.

We recently bought the sports petrol version and the initial experience has been good so far. The car is a head turner, especially it's wine red colour which I find classy and sober.

The interiors are pretty well thought off and feature list betters most cars in its segment. Rear AC vents being one of the few features not available in my previous car , a Swift being the most useful when you drive around with a driver.

It's too early to comment on the mileage but I haven't been making too many trips to the petrol station and so I am not too worried. Driving in a big city, potholed roads, my experience has been that all cars except Hondas, give a new similar mileage in petrol, if driven sensibly.

There are a few specific things which I thought were a let down in the car, top most one actually two are a lack of power and absence of an automatic drive option.

1.2 ltr petrol engine gives you only enough power for city drives and more powerful 1.4 ltr engines should have been provided for better drive experience. Lack of automatic when the Swift, Balenos and Grand i10 also has it make it a tough choice for women and the elderly in the city.

Removing earlier 6 airbags and keeping only 2 of them also is a downer in my opinion which Hyundai could have avoided for its premium offering.

Though the boot is sufficient, a full roll down of back seat option would have been handy in case you wanted to travel heavy or moving some big stuff within the city.

Also, the dealerships don't offer any sort of discount on i20 while there are lots of discounts on the Verna and Grand i10. This makes the customer disappointed a bit.

Overall, I feel the car is very good for city driving, gives you a premium feel and has a host of features to keep you satisfied and for your convenience.

The car looks and drives great but efficiency is an area with the scope for improvement. Lack of automatic drive and a less powerful engine for driving enthusiasts are two areas where Hyundai needs to focus upon. All in all, it's a good value for money.