Hyundai i10: The coolest hatchback I have ever owned

By for Hyundai i10 2016-12-27 16:11:51.0
  • Appearance

Hyundai made its debut in India with a great car- The hyundai Santro which was an instant success and continues to provide the indian markets with more great cars even till now. Among these, the one which followed the Santro, the Hyundai i10 was also a runaway success and it is also one of the first choices that comes to the minds of those looking towards the mid range hatchbacks category. I had this wonderful opportunity to get my hands on one in 2010. Oh, what a wonderful car it is. I remember my first moments of owning it. To tell about the car, first of all, what i liked the most is the extra spacious cabin that it offers at this price. From my experience, i think the front passenger and the driver in an i10 gets a lot of legroom even more than what a higher swift dzire offers! As for the rear passengers, the i10 offers a decent legroom but which gets immensely small if the front passenger or driver wishes to push the seat even a bit backwards. As for the headroom, the i10 offers a very large, greater than what's required, headroom which gives its occupants more than enough space for any enjoyment inside the car while on a picnic or so. While the driver and one more passenger occupy the front, three adult passengers can easily fit in the rear with extra space and even 4 people can sit quite comfortably if willing to adjust a little bit.Whoa! Then, the car offers decent bootspace as the company states or lots and lots of space as I say. Anyway, it got to be the largest among its competitors.

Among the features it offers, the only thing i didn't like is the front-only power windows but which is automatic. How's that?? I wish there were power windows in the rear too in all variants..All other features are cool- powerful AC , superb music players , central locking..etc. except for the outdated speedometer. The speedometer looks so outdated but I think Hyundai will take care of that in the coming years.

Now, coming to the appearances of the car, the car is so stylish whether from the front or the back but we can say only "not bad" when looking from the sides due to the awkward curvature of the hood. The car not only got stylish headlamps but also powerful ones too..and the reflectors on the rear add a finishing touch to the already glamourous rear. It's distinctive side molding also imparts sporty looks and prevents side scratches to body by acting as a first point of contact.

As for the performance of the car, I'd say "outstanding". Hyundai had packed a 1.1L engine under the hood, massive for such a mid sized car, capable of giving tremendous power and believe me, the car can easily soar to greater than 100kmph even with 4 passengers + driver + cargo which i had really experienced during our family tour in the recent time. Then, the gear shift, clutches, pedals,steering..etc. are all nice, smooth and easy giving a comfortable and easy handling of the car. Driving this car is a real pleasure.