Hyundai i10 : Identity Of A Perfect Family Car

By for Hyundai i10 from new delhi 2011-01-11 12:18:13.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Excellent Pickup, Powerful engine and Cool features

Cons : Company could have given it more sporty appearance

I have driven the car on different altitudes and it's really impressive. Looks are sober, not sporty though but the rear tail light blends are attractive. I feel that the company could have made it more sporty like Chevrolet Beat, in appearance. Comfort Interior comforts are pleasing, the rear seat is comfortable. Three adults can easily adjust in the rear seat. I feel that driver adjustable seat could have made driving a more pleasant experience. The co-driver seat is also quite comfortable.

Pickup : Pick of the i10 is excellent, acceleration is fantastic. I have driven it on high altitudes like Shimla and really appreciate the company for loading it with full energy and power. I am using the automatic transmission, the car runs swiftly and it is quite easy for my family members to drive it too.

Mileage : I am getting a mileage of around 14-15 Kmpl in city conditions and 17-18 Kmpl on highways. A decent mileage in a city like Delhi is a good reason for any car lover to opt for Hyundai i10.

Best Features :  Automatic transmission, in a small car, is what everyone would appreciate. I also took the test drive of A-star but its mileage and power worried me so I opted for i10 and I think I made the right decision.

Needs to improve : The company should focus on improving looks of this car and should try to make it more sporty in appearance. Height adjustable seats in a small car like this would make it more comfortable.

Overall Experience : Overall experience with the car has been good, enjoyed driving the car and would recommend it to other guys who are confused in the same segment cars, to go for it and enjoy the ride.

• karmesh |18 Jan,2011 03:26:17 AM

Well said and its a nice review. I recently bought the magna 1.2 and i love the ease of driving it in city conditions. it just performs great in all departments. I also took my i10 to a steep climb at Savandurga near Bangalore and i was amazed by this power. Its a PERFECT car at that price range....look no further.

• VENKATESH |18 Jan,2011 09:58:21 AM

I am worried about the rear leg room tall person of 5.8 cannot sit comfortably in the rear seat.So that only i droped I10 and i bought RITZ

• Rajan Baby |18 Jan,2011 11:06:39 AM

I bought the ASTA automatic transmission with sunroof three months before when the Next Gen I-10 was introduced. It cost me around 6.5 lakhs on road including registrations and insurance. An excellent car for a small family as you said. I have no regrets and am happy I did not go for other models.

kt |27 Mar,2011 12:52:52 PM

COMPARE RITZ ZXI WITH I10 ASTA ........RITZ ZXI ON ROAD PRICE 5,45,000 I10 ON ROAD PRICE 5,86,000 ON 1/3/11..........RITZ ZXI HAS 14' TYRE SIZE I10 HAS ONLY 13' TYRE SIZE...... RITZ GROUND CLEARANCE IS 170MM....... I10 ONLY 165 MM .......RITZ HAS ALLOY WHEELS WHILE I10 DOESN'T HAVE......... RITZ HAS 85 PS POWER I10 HAS 80 PS POWER ........RITZ HAS FRONT AND REAR FOG LAMPS FOR BETTER VISIBILTY I10 HAS ONLY FRONT FOG LAMPS........ RITZ IS BIGGER THAN I10........ RITZ HAS HIGH SEATING POSITION WHICH GIVES U AN S.U.V. LIKE EXPERIENCE........ RITZ HAS AERODYANAMIC DESIGN AND ITS BOOMERANG TAILLIGHTS ENSURE OUTSTANDING ROAD PRESENCE...

• Sam |18 Jan,2011 04:43:48 PM

I brought a Next Gen Hundai i10 Sportz manual this month.. Just ran 500 kms but on a calculation I see I am gettin only 8kms/l Any Idea???

• AR BLSRIVASTAVA |18 Jan,2011 09:21:25 PM

I want ti have Era model and also want Maximum Discount of dealer/Oem discount, Corporate Discount Can I get it on CSD/DGSND Price Retired Central Govt Professional Employees Senior Citizens Discount What Net Price I have to pay on Road Thanks With all the best

• kaja |19 Jan,2011 11:28:29 AM

I bought 1.2 magna in sep 2010. Its a nice car. The engine is ultra silent with no vibration.a/c is powerful.i feel the driver's seat is less comfortable.

• Pralhad Laxman Yadav |19 Jan,2011 01:48:19 PM

I have gone through the feedback of the car pls send me the best offer to buy the car in loan basis, and I prefer to take delivery in Thane coz I live in Thane.

CarDekho Team |19 Jan,2011 06:23:19 PM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that, you can drop your contact number on our id contact@cardekho.com and one of our auto-experts and one of our auto-sales experts will assist you to provide you better deal on the car. Thanks

• edwin |19 Jan,2011 07:53:33 PM

i hav one 1.2 i10, buts mileage is around 12 km/l. what is the reason for this low efficiancy?

CarDekho Team |20 Jan,2011 11:53:23 AM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that mileage of the car, depends on the driving conditions, least usage of clutch can be helpful in increasing mileage. You need to get a service check from the authorized dealership. Thanks

• Ajay Gupta |19 Jan,2011 09:44:53 PM

I plan to buy a hatchback car costing about 4-5 lakh having good fuel efficiency, comfort of driving, good interior and low maintenance. My current choices are: i10, Ford Figo, Swift. My monthly run will be about 400-500km - what choice- petrol or diesel. I would like to know thw expert opinion in selecting a car. I look forward for an early response. Thanks.

• Nilesh |20 Jan,2011 09:10:19 PM

I am Planing to purchase a new Diesel car up to 6 to 8 lac pl.assist me.

CarDekho Team |21 Jan,2011 02:51:06 PM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that Hyundai i20 diesel, Maruti Swift diesel and Maruti Swift Dzire are good options in the price range of 6 to 8 lakhs. Hyundai i20 diesel is a good option within your price range, it gives mileage of 18.0 kmpl in city conditions and 23.0 kmpl on highways. The car has got sufficient space, the maintenance cost is low and has good resale value. Maruti Swift diesel is also a good option. You can opt for this as the resale value of Swift is good resale value, it has got stylish appearance, maintenance cost is low and service & dealership network is far better than any other brand. If you are looking for a three-box car in this range, then you can opt for Maruti Swift Dzire. The maintenance cost for this car is low and resale value for Maruti Swift Dzire is excellent. It gives mileage of 14.5 kmpl in city conditions and 19.5 kmpl on highways.br Thanks Thanks

• Y suresh kumar |21 Jan,2011 01:48:38 PM

I am purchased santro xinggls.dec30th Iam very happy . Smooth drivng and huch back car iam very happy

• SWAPNIL |23 Jan,2011 10:36:14 PM

pls email me urgently the on road price of hyundai 1.2 i10 @ thane/dombivli.. i plan to buy immediately..

• debajit chakraborty |29 Jan,2011 08:46:16 PM

I want to have a car having good mileage. But I have seen wagon R Vxi and also hyundai i10 sportz.. but please suggest which one would be better?

debajit chakraborty |29 Jan,2011 08:48:46 PM

i have seen wagon R gives much comfort than i10.... but i10 looks good... i am confused.. please help

CarDekho Team |31 Jan,2011 01:35:08 PM

Dear user, we would like to inform you that looks of Hyundai i10 are more stunning as compared to Maruti Wagon R. Also the capacity of Hyundai i10 is more than Maruti Wagon R, but the cost of Hyundai i10 is more as compared to Maruti Wagon R. You can opt for Maruti Wagon R as its maintenance cost is low, service network is widely spread and has got good resale value as well. Thanks

CarDekho Team |31 Jan,2011 01:29:16 PM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that Maruti Wagon R gives mileage of 14.0 kmpl in city conditions and 18.6 kmpl on highways, where as Hyundai i10 gives mileage of 15.4 kmpl in city conditions and 19.2 kmpl on highways. You can opt for Maruti Wagon R as the vehicle has been dominating the small segment since more than a decade and has got good resale value. Possessing the Maruti Brand tag, it has got widely spread dealership network and low maintenance cost. Hyundai i10 is also a good car but it is slightly costlier as compared to Maruti Wagon R Vxi. Hyundai i10 is more powerful as it comes equipped with 1.2 liter petrol engine, where as Maruti Wagon R is equipped with 1.0 liter petrol engine. Thanks

• shiv kumar bhatnagar |31 Jan,2011 11:09:04 PM

MARUTI SWIFT VDI BS III IS EXCELLENT IN POWER,ECONOMY AND RESALE VALUE

• HEM RAJ GARG |03 Feb,2011 08:23:29 PM

wonderful car i ve purchase i10 sports in 2009 but u dont belive people says me your new car very good best in petrol

• S prakash |11 Feb,2011 04:56:53 PM

I would like to buy a car in 5.0 lacs, ihave zeroed in with i10 and ford figo, now i came across about i 10 automatic. like the figo, but compared to i10 mileage is low (In various reviews). I am buying my first car. will automatic transmission will geve better mileage when compared to manual transmission. pl suggest me good car with mileage from figo, i10 and i10 automatic. guruprakash74@gmail.com thanks

CarDekho Team |11 Feb,2011 05:24:49 PM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that the mileage of Hyundai i10 has got better fuel efficiency than, Hyundai i10 automatic transmission and Ford Figo. The maintenance and service cost of Hyundai i10 is less as compared to Ford Figo. Ford Figo is also a good car and has got more features than Hyundai i10. Further assistance you can send us your contact number on our id contact@cardekho.com and one of our auto-experts will assist you. Thanks

• sovan |05 Mar,2011 11:54:46 AM

I would like to buy a car in 5.0 lacs, ihave zeroed in with i10 and i10 automatic, now i want to know the comparision of mileage?

• saigop |15 Mar,2011 11:45:48 PM

are you sure that this is giving 14 to 15kms in city drive

• SUDHIR KAMAL GUPTA |02 Apr,2011 08:08:28 PM

I intend to buy new car for the first time. I am very much confused with i-10 magna 1.2 and ford figo (petrol) zxi. I like ford figo due to its more feature than i-10 . but the maintenace and service cost in ford figo is more than i-10. If you have any other car in mind under this segment apart from maruti, please suggest me.....Thanks s k gupta lucknow

• MM |29 May,2011 05:20:08 PM

Hello CarDekho team, I would like to purchase an Automatic car, and I observe the most adffordable in the range is Maruti A-Star automatic and i10 Next Gen Sportz. The price of i10 NG Sportz is more than A-Star, but with few additional features like Bluetooth, USB port, Turn indicators in side-view mirrors, electrically adjustable side-view mirrors, rear wiper and washer etc However, it does not haave adjustible driver's seat, dual Air Bag, ABS cup holders near gear box, small dashboard enclosure etc, which the A-Star has. I would like to know the comparison between the two cars with regard to the following: - The overall passenger inside-space - The overall dikki space - The difference in city mileage in Bangalore traffic - Overall value for money You opinion would very much help me in reaching an early decision. Many thanks!

• Akhil |24 Aug,2011 05:45:33 PM

I want to purchase my first car. Very much confused for Wagnor r and i10. Can u please suggest me any one on the basis of milage and comfort. I Red in many reviews about the milage of Wagnor is 15km/l and that of i10 in between 12-14km/l. It matters me a lot. My family interrested in i10 and myself in wagnor. Please justify answer and response as soon as possible. Thanks. my no. is 9417011777

• L J Braggs |07 Oct,2011 10:46:46 AM

I plan to buy a hatchback car for personal use and my running is around 200 kms per month. I have zeroed onto Hyundai i10 sportz, Hond Brio SMT, Ford Figo Zxi,maruti Ritz. I am a bit confused on visibility of driver from point of seat adjustment. I am 5ft 7 in. I would like a comfortable car with low maintenance and maximum discount that is being offered currently. Could you please guide

• Khaleel |28 Mar,2012 01:03:31 AM

presently driving M-800 petrol for past 9yrs and its giving me mileage of 21kmpl on highways. i have hardly spent on its maintenance. i drive almost 1500-2000Km/month. planning to buy a car in range of 4-5 lacs, with gud mileage,driving comfort,comfortable rear seat, boot space,looks and low maintenance. i have sorted out Wagon R DUO, i10, Beat diesel. CONFUSED!!!!!!! PLZ HELP ME OUT.

• Deepak.C |14 Jul,2012 01:30:06 AM

i want to buy a car with good mileage, power & comfort. My budget is 4-5 lakhs. Right now i'm looking for hyundai i10 1.2 magna. Please suggest for any other options. I'm looking for good interiors also.