Leaf Latest Update
Nissan has unveiled its next-gen all-electric Leaf and it, as per Nissan, embodies three key aspects of the company’s EV (electric vehicle) design philosophy - intelligent driving, intelligent power and intelligent integration.
The new Nissan Leaf is loaded with futuristic technology. Some of the standout features include ProPilot autonomous driving. It is a single-lane self-driving feature that can follow the vehicle in front with a speed preset by the driver between 30kmph and 100kmph. Then there is ProPilot Park which, with the help of 12 ultrasonic sensors and four high-res cameras around the car, takes control of the acceleration, braking, handling, shift-changing and parking brakes to guide the car into a parking spot.
Moreover, the Nissan Leaf promises to be one of the safest cars out there. The safety equipment includes Intelligent Lane Intervention, Lane Departure Warning, Intelligent Emergency Braking, Blind Spot Warning, Traffic Sign Recognition, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Intelligent Around View Monitor with moving object detection and Emergency Assist for pedal misapplication.
The powerplant underneath is an improved electric motor that pumps out 150PS of power and 320Nm of torque. Over its predecessor, that’s 38 per cent and 26 per cent more power and torque respectively. The new 40kWh battery pack gets more energy capacity without increasing its size. That translates to a 67 per cent increase in energy density versus the 2010 model. Even though the powerplant packs more oomph, the lithium-ion battery delivers an estimated range of 400km.
Daniele Schillaci, head, global sales and marketing at Nissan Motor Company has confirmed that the all new Nissan Leaf will be tested extensively in India this year.
Nissan Leaf News
The Leaf could be the first long-range EV that goes on sale in India
In its new avatar the world’s best-selling electric vehicle is a lot more high tech from just about every angle
Tired of using both your legs while driving? Buy an automatic. Or even better, you could buy the upcoming second-gen Nissan Leaf with an e-Pedal!
The next-gen Leaf has been made official by Nissan’s head honcho, Carlos Ghosn, at the ongoing 2017 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) – the world’s biggest tech show – in Las Vegas, USA.
To fulfil its vision of putting autonomous vehicles on public roads by 2020, Nissan has started on-road testing of its first prototype vehicle that demonstrates piloted drive on both highways and city
Nissan Leaf Road Test
Nissan is pulling up its socks and perfectly aligning itself for the Auto Expo 2012 for which the countdown has begun. Nissans story in India has been one with lots of ups and downs. The lovely SUV X-Trail and elegant luxury sedan Teana brought in India as imported cars did not fill the coffers for
Nissan Leaf Videos
- 3:30Nissan LEAF Wintry TestApr 12, 2012
- 2:13Nissan LeafMar 14, 2011
Nissan Leaf Price
|LeafManual, Electric(Battery)||Rs.12.0 Lakh*|
Expert Review of Nissan Leaf
Things We Like in Leaf
- The frog-like bulbous looks have made way for sharper styling
- Feature loaded: e-Pedal (one pedal drive), autonomous parking, 7-inch infotainment system, extensive safety suite among others
- Substantial improvement in overall range (nearly 400km in Japanese cycle) and a relatively larger battery pack (40 kWh)
- Likely India-bound!
Things We Don't Like in Leaf
- The interior is a little bland, compared to its exterior, with a lot of parts lifted from the first-gen model
- A more powerful version with longer range is still far away (somewhere in 2018)
- Expected to be a CBU (completely built unit) in the country and thus, more expensive
Stand Out Features
ePedal: allows starting, accelerating, decelerating, stopping and holding the car by using the accelerator pedal alone
7-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
ProPILOT Park: autonomous parking
Nissan Leaf User Reviews
Rate the Car
- Latest Reviews
- Most Helpful Reviews
Trending Nissan Cars
Other Upcoming Cars
- Tata HarrierRs.13.0 - 18.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jan 01, 2019
- Toyota RushRs.10.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Feb 20, 2020
- Honda CivicRs.15.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jan 20, 2019
- Bajaj Qute (RE60)Rs.2.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Feb 15, 2019
- BMW i8Rs.2.25 Cr*Expected Launch: Dec 14, 2018
- Tata 45XRs.6.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Sep 01, 2019