Trouble-free and built to Last - The Volkswagen Vento

By for Volkswagen Vento 2016-11-11 08:51:29.0
  • Appearance

I own a 2011 VW Vento Diesel (1.6 TDI highline). It is build to last inside out. I have bought this in 2011 and it just looks like it has been about a year or less despite my long parking under the sun. I have not seen this with any of my other cars.

The interiors are rattle free even in the sixth year. The usual complaint has been with the door beading but I have got that lubed and replaced.

My only grouse is with the in-car-entertainment that is probably the worst in this segment. I have got that replaced with a setup from the Jetta.

Now coming to the most important part, the performance. On the road, it feels and drives like a power horse on stock setup. The turbo wakes up at 1700 rpm and there is a sudden surge of power from then on. It makes overtaking a breeze on the highways. However, I have usually been a sedate driver. In city traffic, I have found it to be just about enough. With sedate driving I have been able to consistently get 17 kmpl in normal city traffic. With peak dense traffic, it falls down by 1-2 kmpl. On highway trips, I am yet to see below 19 kmpl. That is if I don't drive insanely on the road.

The service and ownership experience is on the expensive side. Typical services costs in the neighborhood of 10,000 INR. Parts do last, if you take decent care. It would be a good idea to go to a trusted service center than staying with an authorized center.

In general it had been a pleasurable experience all the way, although it doesn't have the bells and whistles of a modern vehicle.