Trouble-free and built to Last - The Volkswagen Vento

for 1.6 Highline

Trouble-free and built to Last - The Volkswagen Vento

I own a 2011 VW Vento Diesel (1.6 TDI highline). It is build to last inside out. I have bought this in 2011 and it just looks like it has been about a year or less despite my long parking under the sun. I have not seen this with any of my other cars. The interiors are rattle free even in the sixth year. The usual complaint has been with the door beading but I have got that lubed and replaced. My only grouse is with the in-car-entertainment that is probably the worst in this segment. I have got that replaced with a setup from the Jetta. Now coming to the most important part, the performance. On the road, it feels and drives like a power horse on stock setup. The turbo wakes up at 1700 rpm and there is a sudden surge of power from then on. It makes overtaking a breeze on the highways. However, I have usually been a sedate driver. In city traffic, I have found it to be just about enough. With sedate driving I have been able to consistently get 17 kmpl in normal city traffic. With peak dense traffic, it falls down by 1-2 kmpl. On highway trips, I am yet to see below 19 kmpl. That is if I don't drive insanely on the road. The service and ownership experience is on the expensive side. Typical services costs in the neighborhood of 10,000 INR. Parts do last, if you take decent care. It would be a good idea to go to a trusted service center than staying with an authorized center. In general it had been a pleasurable experience all the way, although it doesn't have the bells and whistles of a modern vehicle.

By bhargava attada
On: Nov 11, 2016 | 385 Views

Write your Comment on Volkswagen Vento 2015-2019

2 comments
s
sasi gopalan
Nov 13, 2017 5:15:52 PM

1. The following problems can occur any time (happened to me). 1.1 The 4 injectors can fail any time. (in my case 3 injectors failed). The company says the fuel quality is the problem. When pointed out that other diesel cars don’t have this problem, the company says, it is your bad luck. The cost per injector is around 25000 rupees.(so reserve 1 lakh for this) 1.2 The steering can get jam any time.(in my case the steering is not free). The cost is around 70,000. 1.3 The AC cooling coil is so thin, that it can leak any time. (In my case I have experienced leak in cooling coil). The cost is around 25000. 2. The resale value of the car after company service period is one third. 3. The company’s response/attitude to complaint is very negative.

A
    adnan farooq
    Jun 13, 2017 11:02:12 AM

Hello Bhargava I am Adnan from Agra and i am also planning to replace my cars infotainment system Can you pleas help me by telling how have you replaced the cars infotainment system with the one in vokswagen jetta?

Volkswagen Vento 2015-2019 User Reviews

• More ...
      • LATEST
      • VERIFIED
      • CRITICAL
      • Good car like a life partner

Excellent performance even after one lac kilometers of running and low maintenance cost. Unbelievable mileage giving 17kms minimum and twenty-one km maximum. still, I fee...Read More

By d s daniel
        On: Aug 07, 2019 | 1123 Views
      • for 1.5 TDI Trendline

Happy Customer - Volkswagen Vento

I am using Volkswagen Vento TDI for the last 6 years and I am super happy with my choice of buying the car, wonderful experience so far. The car has great interior and ex...Read More

By varun aggarwal
        On: Aug 29, 2019 | 87 Views
      • Volkswagen Vento: Best In Class

Volkswagen Vento has elegance and style personified by German engineers, for superior built quality and safety with unique headlights in its own class.

By vinay m sverified Verified Buyer
        On: Aug 23, 2019 | 38 Views
      • An Comfortable Car

This is an extremely comfortable and smooth car to drive. The safety features are amazing.

By shamal parab
        On: Aug 02, 2019 | 28 Views
      • Wonderful Car;

Volkswagen Vento is a superb car and performance is very good.

By thangaraj ptn
        On: Aug 31, 2019 | 23 Views
      • Best Car Ever

Powerful petrol engine. The safest car I have ever seen in this segment. In love with this car, just a small issue is costly spares that's it. Else I love this car.

By manthan vora
        On: Aug 27, 2019 | 28 Views
      • Car With Looks And Mileage

The car really looks nice and it is very stable on highway driving and comes with good features also the safety features are great. I love driving this car with my family...Read More

By moorthyverified Verified Buyer
        On: Aug 19, 2019 | 70 Views
      • Comfortable and luxurious

Volkswagen Vento is a nice car. Comfortable and luxurious. I am happy to own this car as it makes the drive enjoyable and smooth.

By satsroop singh
        On: Aug 08, 2019 | 20 Views
      • View All Vento 2015-2019 Reviews
      Volkswagen Vento 2015-2019
      This car model has expired