High Cost of Ownership
I own a VW jetta for the last 5 yrs and driven around 60k on it...
Drive quality is really good, The engine and gearbox and driveabilty ...all are awesome... it is driver's car... the car is rock solid around the bends... i love my car only for its drivabilitySmall issues that increases the TOTAL COST of ownership.
Everyyear apart from the 15-18k on the servicing there would be an additional average spend of 20k on the vehicle... sometimes it is the break pads... sometime it is some electrical issue... the battery always goes down every winter if you dont use the car for 3-4 days (that annual vacation that we take around christmas/newyear)
major maintenance issues:
1) roof cloth came down in the 5th year of usage and car is around 57,000 km running = INR 40,000
2) the paint peeled off in the second year = 12,000
3) the break pads and front shock absorbers = 20,000
4) tyers wornoff in 4yr... = 40,000
5) some part to break = 15,000
So folks to conclude...
buy this car only after you factor in a big bite in your wallet for maintenance...
please also factor in the paitience you need to when you deal with VW customer care number 18002090909 / 18001020909
- 19 Likes
- 1 Dislikes
Other Jetta Reviews
Look and Style : As a Sedan it looks pretty awesome!... Side view is its best Comfort : I drove from Hyderabad ... ...Read More
- 25 Likes
- 14 Dislikes
Volkswagen Jetta Further Research
Other Upcoming Cars
- CompassRs. 15.35 - 24.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jul 31, 2018
- Ertiga 2018Rs. 9.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Aug 05, 2018
- Ciaz 2018Rs. 9.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Aug 06, 2018
- LevanteRs. 1.49 - 2.2 Cr*Expected Launch: Aug 12, 2018
- U321 MPVRs. 8.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Aug 13, 2018
- CR-V 2018Rs. 25.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Aug 15, 2018