1st Car. Confidence is marvelous

By for Volkswagen CrossPolo 2016-10-19 17:50:35.0
  • Appearance

Pre purchase 2015 - I needed a car as my family was to be extended. From 2 to 3. Criteria was budget ( not more than 6.5), Safety (as I was a new driver), Space ( as long travels to my hometown needs luggage space & passenger comfort), Good Mileage ( Diesel) & Easy on pocket maintenance. After evaluating Swift, Dezire, i20, Jazz, Micra, Figo, i booked Jazz by paying amount with waiting period of 3 months.(booked in 10th Aug for Navratra delivery)

Purchase - During the beginning of Dusshera I inquired about the delivery with Honda guys so as to arrange the finance , disappointingly they said it will further delayed by two months due to long list. I cancelled the booking and I decided at least to buy Alto k10 by Dusherra end. On my way to home I saw VW showroom and my wife wanted to take a look.

During the discussion, we sat in polo and I thought such solid yet so sober with just perfect interiors, no flashy lights hooked our attention. Perfectly engineered machine.

Next day salesman called & informed about cross polo and he said they can give festival discount. car was not in the showroom, they took me to their depo. There I saw Red cross polo and wife made a decision to buy it. So got the car on the day of Dashmi at 7.30PM.

Post purchase - Being a new driver I was always more than cautious not to drive fast, overtake or such things. past one year taken two trips from Gurgaon to my native in Bihar (1300Kms) with satisfaction. Performance - It feels like you driving a sedan not a hatch back. Longest stretch at a time from Lucknow to Bareilly non stop. Cruised at 146 between Lucknow to Gorakhpur as that stretch of road is better than yamuna expsway . Feels confident at high speed. Milage all along was 19-20 with ac on. Engine seems warhorse as it keeps supporting you. Rear sear is comfortable, I was able to dream in my sleep in the back seat.(you can imagine)

Aspect I liked - Solid built quality. Sober & classy looks. comfort to driver. Breaking. Rolling is less (no vomiting tendency on ghat roads), Horn sound, interiors.

Did't like (could be better) - leg space (jazz has hall in the rear in-spite polo being larger in length), Ground clearance (realize when I witnessed under construction road from Gorakhpur to Siwan). Engine Cover should be part of the body.