Nano on the highway

By for Tata Nano from Bangalore 2012-01-29 01:33:05.0
  • Appearance

Pros : easy city rides, fuel economy, value for money

Cons : service can be improved

Pickup: I got a nano LXi about an year back and have done about 8000 kms till now. Nano is very comfortable for a city ride with easy manoverability, small size and quite a powerful engine for its size & weight. Parking is very comfortable. But one thing I would like to impress upon in this blog for potential nano buyers is that it is pretty good on the highway as well. I had driven in up & down between Bangalore & Hyderabad & it took an average of 8 hours for the 560 odd kms. I also twice did it between Bangalore & Coimbatore at an average of 7 hrs 15 min for the 370 kms. But the highlight was covering 850 kms within 35 hours,the major break being for 9 hours. I started off from bangalore at 10:30am on saturday for a small village about 50 kms further from Tanjore through some pretty bad stretches of road (Krishnagiri to Thiruvanamalai, Tanjore to Thiruvarur) and reached there around 12:30 pm, with an 1.5 hr continuous break in between. I started my return at 10am Sunday morning and reached bangalore by 8:30pm the same day (this time the bad stretches being between Thiruvarur to Tanjore and Trichy to Namakkal).I got a mileage of 23kmpl with the AC on through most of the ride. The only downside on highway was a max speed of only 90 and bit less powerful sound in the horn. Overall Iam happy, & would recommend this car for anyone who is inn dilemma over the negative talk associated with this cheapest car yet. Mileage : 23 on highway Best Features - Easy city rides, ease with parking, mileage, value for money Needs to improve - Servicing Overall Experience - Good

• nafe singh |31 Jan,2012 07:54:25 PM

I think, Nano diesel version will be highly convenient and economical as the prices of petrol are touching sky on month by month. In this situation, the diesel version willl be very helpful for the common man. I also eagerly waiting for the Diesel version nano.

Niranjan |04 Jun,2012 10:13:59 PM

yup., at the price of App.1.5-2L for diesel version is Excellent...!!!

• Karan |09 Feb,2012 08:09:34 PM

Hi! even I am planning to buy this car please tel me whether my decision is correct or not???

sa |24 Mar,2012 08:25:22 AM

Your decision is wrong, go & buy a bicycle... lol

GK |12 May,2012 12:00:43 PM

What about an elegant horse? Do you think they check methane and co2 emissions from a horse too?

• Vikas |12 Feb,2012 01:49:13 PM

Hi, I ma going to book NANO LX 2012 today, someone please suggest me colour.

Ritesh Madhok |05 Mar,2012 07:32:42 AM

We prefer the silver color on the Tata Nano.

Mukul Arora |29 Jul,2012 05:56:42 PM

Dear Silver or White

• Nagin |29 Feb,2012 02:21:44 PM

Hi, I have book NANO LX BS 3 Today please tel me whether my decision is correct or not?

sa |24 Mar,2012 08:25:57 AM

Wrong.... ;)

Dr A K Agnihotri |08 Apr,2012 10:35:56 PM

Your decision is half right and half correct. After getting the car you would brood why you did not go for this earlier.I am using NANO and enjoying the driving at exceptionally low cost. I drove from pantnagar(Uttarakhand) to Mumbai with an average of 25.1 Km/lt. Go with your decision and get it as early as possible. Cheers, anand

• shiv |07 Mar,2012 02:12:30 AM

i am waitinng for disel version of tata nano.plz tell me when it will be launching in rajasthan.

• mani |09 Mar,2012 05:01:39 PM

iam planing to buy nano diesel .please tell me when it will launch in chennai?

dhanasekaran |23 Mar,2012 05:24:35 PM

I HAVE TATA NANO CAR BASE MODEL-PETROL CAR. CAN I CHANGE INTO DIESEL ENGINE? OR CAN I CONVERT BOTH GAS AND PETROL MIX? WHAT WILL BE THE ADDITIONAL COST. WHETHER IT CAN BE POSSIBLE FOR FITTING AC FOR THE BASE MODEL CAR?

sa |24 Mar,2012 08:26:23 AM

They wont launch in Chennai

• Dr A K Agnihotri |08 Apr,2012 10:38:26 PM

After my retirement from university on 30 June2011 I planned to go to Mumbai on my NANO with my wife Mamta.Son Ashish also joined us at Delhi for the trip to mumbai . It is quite a distance for a small car.As I intended to see the places and had lot of time NANO was a good tool for the intentions. I stared from Pantnagar and first stay was Delhi,met quite a few old friends at IARI , NFL, TATA Chemicals etc.,. Next I stopped at Jaipur and visited Amer Fort,Hawa mahal and some local landmarks.Road from Delhi to Jaipur is very good and itwas pleasure to drive. From Jaipur I moved to Udaipur and visited city palace etc. Next day we travelled to VASAD to ANAND via Ahamadabad.From Vasad we moved to Mumbai. The roads all through the trip were excellent. I am all praise for the road conditions and the facilities on roadside all through the jouney.NANO performed extremely faithful .The little machine did not show any sign of fatigue .It cov ered 1897 Km. in 75.56 Lt of petrol giving an average of 25.10 Km/Lt.

Akash deogade |28 Jun,2016 11:33:54 AM

Mai nano lena chahta hu Kya aap mujhe bata sakte hai ki long drive 4000 km chalata hai.

• sandeep |09 Sep,2013 03:31:04 PM

is it safe car on highway if it meet an crash accident to other vehicle?

• Akash deogade |28 Jun,2016 11:31:04 AM

TatA nano ko long drive 4000 km tak chala sakte hai kya.