Nano Automatic - Better than any other car for City driving
Recently bought Nano automatic. Although I have Figo and Ecosport automatic, Nano is my favorite for city drive.
Nano story would be remembered in management books as greatest case study where an engineering marvel was maid to fail by wrong marketing campaigns.
Entire focus of Nano marketing was on getting two wheeler users to upgrade to Nano. Why would they, when they can simply afford a bigger second hand car.
Nano is not best suited for first time car buyers as its suited for second car buyers.
There is no better car than Nano automatic in Indian market for city traffic conditions. I relish it every Day as it helps me save about 15 min on my 20km city traffic drive. But I feel sorry for Ratan Tata and other Nano engineers whose great efforts failed due to wrong product positioning by Nano marketing team.
Here is what I love about Nano
1. Small Width - Helps me squeeze through leftmost part of road and narrow road conditions due to illegal parking, people occupying multiple lanes to turn right on signal, metro work
2. Small length - Very easy to park in remaining space between a parked car and open gate where most bigger/longer cars can't fit. I call them exclusive Nano parking spots
3. Big Window - Tall seating and large windows make minimize visual obstructions while driving/riding. Feels like you are on bike but without the noise and pollution of road.
4. Right pickup for city conditions - Nano automatic in sport mode has just the right pickup for city driving conditions which allows you to go into those open gaps between cars without making it too much where you need to immediately apply breaks
5. Good AC - AC is very powerful and even in peak Hyd summer, I can't keep it on max cool for too long as it gets very cold
6. Tall Seating - Tall seating is more comfortable, gives better view of the road and getting in and out is easy. I hate getting in and out of sedan and hatchbacks.
7. Power Steering - Very light and easy to operate with one hand in traffic.
8. Speakers - Good car speakers
9. No big bonnet - You have perfect judgement of road ahead, making it easy to move across lanes when you are stuck in traffic.
10. High ground clearance - Those bad roads and rough side patches are no concern when driving nano due to its 180mm and short wheelbase
11. Sport mode - This is the mode for regular car driving. Economy is only for mileage fans. Some negatives
1. Car Bluetooth Microphone - Peaks up lot of noise and people on other side can't hear clearly. I use a portable bose speaker with microphone.
2. Image - Thanks to Tata's Marketing geniuses, this car has so poor image that people feel it's weird to drive this car. I know people in Bangalore who want this comfort but buy Mahindra E2O over this car due to image issue.
3. Don't make a turn in it at high speed, it may topple. I met a guy whose nano toppled during a steep turn on highway exit Overall - If you are looking already have a big car / SUV etc but tired of driving it and looking for something in city driving conditions, look no further. There is no better alternative in market irrespective of how much you are ready pay. Best part is, most fantastic car for city driving is cheapest car to own as well. Some requests to Tata Motors
1. Please release new version with following features a. More sound insulation b. Android auto & apple carplay (lift and shift from Nexon) like Renault did it. We should be able to take conf calls from car.
2. Fire your current marketing team and start a fresh marketing campaign focused on second car buyers who need car for city use. Focus on easy of parking and livability and how it's better than bigger cars instead of focusing on how it's better than bike. Work hard to improve image of car.
3. Reduce the price by at-least 50k. Not worth of 4L
4. Add reverse parking camera with dashcam as dealer side accessory
- 36 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
Write your Comment on Tata Nano
Hello, I also want to but the Nano AMT but as Tata has stopped manufacturing the Nano, will it be a good buy? I have a limited budget so need to choose between Nano and Alto 800. Please reply as you have used it and I want to know your genuine experience. I want to but a car mainly for city news and going on highways occasionally. ThanksReply
Alto k10 is only have automatic version. Which is 1 lac costlier than nano. Today i have booked nano automatic expresso Brown. You can manage is highway also.
Tata Nano User Reviews
Rate & Review
- All (161)
- Mileage (76)
- Performance (41)
- Looks (48)
- Comfort (50)
- Engine (60)
- Interior (14)
- Power (42)
- More ...
I give 5 stars to my Tata Nano car because of its first class cheapest car that most of the families in India could afford to travel with family. Nano is comfortable and ...
Dear Viewers, I bought used nano in 2015, live in Jaipur, Rajasthan. In short, it is the most money value car in everything(leave in resale) If you're going for a family ...
Want to relish the complete experience of urban rides and stylishly swag through the slow-moving traffic? Then TATA NANO is the ultimate choice for you. Just as its name ...
- View All Nano Reviews
Trending Tata Cars