Thoroughly useless car

By for Tata Manza 2013-08-19 09:53:08.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Space

Cons : Everything else

This review is after owning a Tata Manza for 2.5 years and 52000 kms of driving. It is a thoroughly useless car which does not even deserve to be sold in Indian market. My recommendation is to stay away from this car as far as possible. Since the time I have bought it there have been niggling problems all the way. Over a period of last 2.5 years, I have had the speedometer, set of locks, indicator switch, fan motor, multi-function display, power window machinery, clutch plates, clutch cables and numerous other small parts replaced due to mal functioning. To top it all, last month the car engine seized and was diagnosed to have back compression. I was given an estimate of Rs. 1.25 lakhs to get the same rectified. Inspite of having an extended warranty on the car, I was told that this would not be covered under warranty since the oil chamber has a minor dent. There was not oil leakage mind you. On questioning I was told that, due to the dent, the moving parts of the engine, which are 5 mm above the chamber, end up in damaging the complete engine. If this is the case, I would say there is a technical flaw in the engine. On Indian roads, a chamber which is 175 mm from the road, is bound to get scraped even on high speed breakers. If the engine bottom is so sensitive, a protective plate should come as original fitting from the company. The car has been standing at the workshop for over 40 days now. After numerous inspections and follow up, an approval of Rs. 50000 was given by the agent an last week and I was told that I still would have to pay Rs. 80000 to get the job completed. This was to cover the consumables and parts which are under wear & tear. According to me, these parts also had to be replaced because the of the faulty engine and should be covered under warranty. All in all, I an thoroughly disgusted and disappointed with the overall experience and now can understand why Tata motors are losing its share of the car market. Inspite of several advises from my well-wishers not to buy a Tata car, I still went for it and am now facing the consequences for my poor decision. For the reasons cited above, even if I have to walk for the rest of my life, rest assured I vow hereby never to buy a Tata car again. PS- The only good part is that the Dealership (Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon) has been supportive and honest about the feedback

• Sanjeev Pathak |05 Oct,2013 05:42:43 PM

I agree with this post, i am a owner of so called Club Class Indigo Manza LX Model, purchased in Dec'12 run only about 8500 Kms in last 8 10 months and experiencing problem in suspension, Steering Columns , all types of noises coming from Cabin....Have complained to the Tata Motors , he has agreed to look into the problem....but i am not happy ....i decided to go for Tata inspite of all negative recommendations of my friends and relatives .....Let us see how much Tata can keep this faith intact.....i will post again on the outcome .

amit |04 Jun,2014 11:49:08 AM

Thanks to all.. ... you just save mine atleast 7 lakhs...... in this car only one thing is best and that is its look. And Other things are worst. TATA should understand it is not easy for middle class family to purchase any car(7-9 lakhs) and after 1 or 2 years he came to know that his total money had been wasted. Its natural after that anyone will start hatting that car and its co.

• Sanjeev |02 Nov,2013 01:04:46 PM

Never Buy Tata Manza , Worthless Car, Please do not go by the Discout Offers , This car rattles from all possible direction inside the Cabin , Brakes, Clutch , Gear System , Steering System, Suspension are all third class Quality.....I bought it against everybody's opinion and now they are laughing and i am repenting .....This all problems started immediatley after 5000 Kms of running.

• Amatha |17 Jan,2014 07:19:59 PM

Thanks Buddy, I am cancelling my mind set to buy Manza as per your poor experience.

• joy |25 Apr,2014 02:15:17 PM

well i hanks for review ..

• sandip |11 Jun,2014 03:00:38 PM

My advise to all the persons not to buy any tata product except Tata Steel.

• nisheeth. |03 Sep,2014 09:28:10 PM

I owned a manza for 3 yrs ,and driven around 60,000km but the person who says its ause less car is ajerk. Car is for riding and no car in this price is comfortable in every sense ie economically, reliable and load bearing. I had travelled a lot with the car along with my family .I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS CAR. DONT THINK TATA A TAXI CAR and if u think like that then TATA become the most reliable car as whole country uses it in taxies.

• vivek |21 Nov,2014 06:13:37 PM

I also own manza . had 65000 km in last 3 yrs . I had few small issues but over all i'm very satisfied. issued were resolved timely and efficiently by tata service centers. kind of comfort and features TATA providing in this cost is really good. its a good car and a strong one. really good on high ways. Got good features which other car maker r introducing now and that too at higher cost.

• s shyam sundar |20 Jan,2015 06:45:40 PM

this is very good one...like zero maintenance...milage....solid features of spaces....

• Deepak Ranjan Gupta |24 Feb,2015 01:46:25 PM

want the best tata car of the INDUSTRY

• Tata Manza |15 Apr,2015 11:10:30 PM

Are you an mad of telling it an useless car.

• hussain |26 Oct,2015 12:43:58 AM

Ghar gaadi aur biwi.....all three need to be maintained. I am manza user since 5yrs and trust me if u r regular in service and maintenance.....the car is exceptionally good.!!!!