Rating of Tata Manza

B
Bhaskar Dutta
for Aura Plus Safire BSIII
On: Jul 07, 2010 | 3560 Views

I had the misfortune to buy a Tata Manza car on Saturday, July 3,2010 through your authorized dealer Rama Motors, New Delhi. Here is the sequence of events since the morning of July 3. Immediately prior to my taking possession, the salesperson in charge, Lokesh Kumar (who goes by the grand title of ?Team Leader?), noticed that the light signifying ?engine malfunction? was on. He assured me that the car had passed the pre-delivery inspection just the previous evening and that the light was on because of some ?loose wire?. On my insistence, he agreed to get the car checked. It turns out that Rama Motors has only one laptop on which the Tata Motors? diagnostic software is installed. What was worse was that this laptop had been lent to a neighbouring garage! So, it took almost two hours for them to seemingly set the problem right. I write ?seemingly? because I had to drive only two kilometres for the engine malfunction light to reappear. On reaching home, I called Mr. S.K.Varma, the head of the sales division of Rama Motors, and described my experience. He sent a mechanic, the same laptop and the same Mr. Lokesh Kumar to my house to check the car. The mechanic apparently tightened something -it was not clear what- this caused the light to disappear. Unfortunately, that very evening, the light reappeared after I had driven approximately two kilometres. I called Mr. Varma again on Monday. He assured me that the problem must be due to a loose wire, and that it was perfectly safe to drive the car. However, he also promised to send a driver to have the car picked up the next day, i.e., Tuesday. Since I was not free on Tuesday, I asked him to pick up the car on Wednesday, i.e. today. This morning I had to call both Mr. Varma and Mr. Lokesh Kumar several times before the car was finally picked up around noon. Several calls after that, Mr. Kumar called me around 5 p.m. to say that the car was on a final road test and that it would be ?definitely? delivered to me by 6.30 p.m. I called him back at 6.45 p.m. only to be told that they were waiting for another instrument to conduct a final check on the car and that it would be ?definitely? delivered to me tomorrow afternoon! Clearly Rama Motors and perhaps all Tata cars should be avoided if possible.

Other Manza Reviews