Big Disappointment after buying manza

By for Tata Manza from chandigarh 2010-08-13 16:07:17.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Spacious , less noise

Cons : electronic sensors, servicing, customer care

Car engine is not good but excellent, so as appearance but electronic ICU indicating sensors are totally flop case. Just on delivery and reaching home (30 km drive) three of its sensors gone. On day one it self car had to see the workshop for replacement of sensors. On third day another sensor (door open indicator) and next two days ABS sensor gone. Apart from above see the customer care of TATA, not bothered to attend the complaint not even out of courtesy. Nuisance system of call from Pune on visiting the service center inquire about silly questions like security guard wished you or not on arrival etc etc. But no reply of mails / SMS and even calls to regional office gurgoan remain unattended/ unsatisfactory replies on the aspect of performance.

• Sekharajit |19 Aug,2010 10:41:10 AM

TATA MOTORS SHOULD TAKE THE CUSTOMER'S COMPLAINT WITH A HIGH PRIORITY TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM...THE COMAPANY'S MANAGEMENT SHOULD POLITELY

• parathsarathi |20 Aug,2010 06:40:51 PM

True. Tata is known for that. I have had also the similar exp. Tata people can make truck why they have entered in Car Segment. Manza they have made for cutting the kites. So keep on doing the same. regards

• parihal |10 Oct,2010 09:18:20 PM

after reading ur comments, my excitement to buy manza has receded down, what do u feel abt swift vxi e4

• yakesh |15 Oct,2010 04:27:49 PM

Dear Parihal, Do not go for Manza....it is not reliable. Even if you find second hand car than also you may pay lesser visit to workshop than new Manza. Also in addition to that you will be trated as cab driver not a owner of luxury car.

• George |24 Oct,2010 11:59:46 AM

I agree with the comments regarding service of tata motors. Their service centres do not provide any comfort (proper sitting place, canteen, etc.) to the person bringing the car for service probably because most of the people coming are cab drivers. Hence they don't distinguish between cab drivers and owners. You will have to share the sitting place with cab drivers. Many times after service I have found my car parts such as sun film, tyres, etc. spoilt. Once after the service both the supervisor and myself searched for my car all over their compound. It took some time for him to locate my car thus wasting my time and giving me anxious moments. Another time both of us found to our horror that my power window was being dismantled by a mechanic when there was no complaint. The mechanic mistook my car for another car. We saw it in time and prevented further damage. Unless Tata improves their service outlook one should not buy a high end Tata car if you wish for prestige and honour in buying a good car.

• Sandeep |28 Oct,2010 11:04:55 AM

I agree with the disappointment of Manza owners, I too had many things changed within 2 months. The Body control module, which controls lights and other features. Combination switch, wiper blades, Ignition key. Surprised that a new product has so many unreliable parts....huh!!!!.

• lokesh gowda |11 Nov,2010 01:13:32 PM

car engine is good firstly combination switch didnt work and they changed it and now my car stopped after clocking 3000plus kms in a parking slot thankgod in bangalore and service team came and could not digonise the problem and took it to service centre and told there was a problem in diesel pump and thereafter now they are telling me that that the problem is in the eleltrical controling unit and has to be changed i am really fed up and thinking to sell the car off its a real headache, please please please dont buy the tata manza car

• Sahul |12 Nov,2010 03:34:50 PM

My manza doing great job. I clocked 15000 km in 8 months and getting 21 mileage with AC. Got minor issues after servicing like horn and fuel opener but has been resolved on next day. After servicing they take 3 feedback and if any issue raise in this feedback, manager call to us and solve our issues. I think they are taking effort to improve their service.

anurag |20 Dec,2010 02:51:07 PM

I hav booked i tata manza aqua model......... should i buy it or not????????

CarDekho Team |20 Dec,2010 06:17:18 PM

Hi Mr. Anurag, The Tata Maanza is a good well made car, its got best in class rear seat comfort and also has good powertrain options to choose from. Tata cars are cheap to run and maintain. You have zeroed on a good choice stay with it get the Maanza. Thanks, CarDekho Team

Gijo Varghese |15 Jan,2011 12:50:35 PM

I agreed with car Dekho Team comment, when I planned to purchase AQUA SAFFIRE, my expectation was have a good Sedan within reasonable price, mileage, spacious and good performance. Then I asked dealer for an address of MANZA owners staying near my town ship. They gave me 2-3 address. After enquiry, all of them gave positive comments and most of them using Manza Diesel version because of fuel economy. Good experience of MANZA are- Affordable price, Base cost of the car is less and optional items they will fix as per customer choice, More Spacious, using trustful engine from Fiet and a best family car.

• viprith |23 Nov,2010 09:43:11 AM

firstly i would tell is that the tata,owned service people doesnt have knowledge about the manza and does not have the manners to talk to the customer properly they talk to three people in one time and does not give the chance to the customer to talk around, they talk only there veiw and explain there veiw and when i had being to a tata service station in bangalore, there i heard a conversation by a service executive he was telling the customer that there was aproblem in the engine and it would cost around 30k to 50k for the repair as the engine was to be dismantled and i think the customer said no after sometime he was making fun of it and laughing with the other staff executive as there was no problem in the vehicle he just told the customer to get rid of the problem of the vehicle and one more thing my friends manza is still in the service from 25 days as they are not able to diagonise about the problem as the veicle is not getting started and after reading this if some body wants to buy the tata manza go for it and get the haedache in style and comfort of the manza

• vijay gautam |09 Dec,2010 08:15:25 PM

friends shall I purchase it or not?

lokesh gowda |11 Dec,2010 01:29:50 PM

definitly buy the car its very good and value for your money i have owned the tata manza qjet d bs4 from june 2010 the vehicle is very good and giving me 24kms in the long and around about 17 in the city with A/c previously i was using the maruti swift and dezire but those are not so comfort as the manza forget about the rally drivers comments giving about this vehicle and about the service its really good expirence in the service centre also they have helped me in lot of ways my vehicle was stopped and when i called the helpline they arrived in just 10 min and fixed the problem i am a happy customer buying the manz and riding good

• saurabhSinha |04 Feb,2011 11:26:45 AM

Hi , M looking at to buy the all new manza , but m vwery worried about the on road performance and the mileage that car is gonna perform , i had a very bad experince with my existing Indica xeta , Now m looking in to go foe a mid size sedan , plz guide wether to go for manza or swift dezire .

dr imin |11 Mar,2011 01:55:02 AM

swift desire dnt buy manza or any tata car..instead buy an auto rickshaw...its way bettr than tata cars

• harsh mohan singh |23 Mar,2011 08:03:42 PM

Why SX4 Diesel with same engine as Manza is crosses 5000 bookings in just 1 month? Why Dzire & Swift still have waiting period of 3 months & a year old model costs as much as new one which commands premium of 20~50K despite being less poweful than Manza & no VGT? Answer is obvious; Maruti knows how to make a car perform better. Ironical it is that the Fiat people cannot manage to sell much of Linea & Punto despite MJD engine being their own and the Swifts & Dzires floor them in sales.

• harsh mohan singh |23 Mar,2011 08:05:51 PM

Go for Swift /Dzire if you want peace of mind. Go for Manza if you like expensive experiments like low resale/low reliability & all the ills that people have commented about above.