A powerful, robust MPV with an old-school design
Renault Lodgy is a powerful Multi Purpose Vehicle, which is sheer fun to drive around. The car cost me around Rs. 12.5L on-road, yet it feels like perfect value for money. The car has a really powerful engine, which delivers power very easily to this big and bulky car.
1. It has a lot of interior space, even with three rows. Leg-space in the third row is way better than many cars in it's segment, and is comfortable to be in.
2. Amazing Handling. The car is easy to handle, in-spite of being big, and is fun to ride in.
3. Fuel Economy. It gives me around 17kmpl in the city, which is exceptionally well for a car this big.
4. The inner cabin is quiet, comfortable, and is all a family could need. It has charging points and cup-holders in every row.
5. The overall ride-quality is amazing. Changes direction easily, is stable to run, and feels great to drive. The cruise control buttons are great to work with.
6. It has a lot of chrome, which looks classy and provides the much needed visual attention.
7. The gear box is smooth 6-geared manual transmission, and the adjustable steering wheel provide an excellent driving experience.
1. The looks could have been a little better. Though it's a family vehicle, it looks like a box moving around from outside, especially from the back.
2. It lacks push-button Start Stop feature. It could have been an additional attraction for technologically oriented people like me.
Overall, the car is an amazing experience to drive.
Once you sit inside, the only thing you really want is to buy this car. It is a perfect family vehicle for me, with the much-needed space, powerful yet economical engine, amazing service by Renault, and robust build.
The only factor that remains is the awkward design that the car has, especially when viewed from the rear.
Like me, if the rear design didn't bother you that much, you can possibly think about buying the car without any hassle.
- 67 Likes
- 9 Dislikes