Just booked a Nissan Micra, here's why!

By for Nissan Micra Active from Mumbai 2010-09-08 15:47:06.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Superb brand presence, promising features

Cons : Too early to say

I am frankly not a major car enthusiast or a great investor in the world of cars, but it was recently that I saw a TV commercial of Ranbir Kapoor the brand ambassador of Nissan Micra that I took notice of this new car on the block. Initially I was not much attracted by the looks of the car, but it was only recently when I went for a Test drive of the car that I realised what this beauty was made up of. I guess everyone knows that before being launched in India, the car had already made its mark in the international markets. Nissan is a Japanese automaker and that too a really popular and successful one. The moment I sat inside the car, it picked up instantaneously and the overall drive of the car is really smooth. I found it to be a good competitor to Hyundai i10 in terms of the driving comfort. I am not sure but if anyone of you have witnessed a red colored Micra, it looks superb and extremely gorgeous. Although I own a Maruti Swift currently and there is no doubt that Swift is much grander compared to Micra from the outside, but this Japanese beauty wins hands down when it comes to the posh interiors. The company officials and the dealer executives suggest that the car provides an average of approximately 18kmpl which seems promising. I hope the same is observed while on road. I personally like the looks of the car however I have heard mixed reactions from my friends over my decision. I have finally decided to book the car and just invested Rs. 50,000/- at the dealer outlet. I hope my decision proves right and the car lives upto all the promises made.

• ankit |14 Sep,2010 06:35:47 PM

Hope the decision turns out good for you.and set the roads ablaze with your new car. do update once you get the delivery.

• chirag agarwal |14 Sep,2010 07:36:21 PM

i want the diesal version...................

• Guru |17 Sep,2010 12:57:00 PM

I have booked the XV version and waiting for the delivery. .. 8 weeks seems to be long .. I am hearing some comments on the ground clearance hoping it does not pose a big problem. Good luck with your car !!!

• rajesh |19 Sep,2010 05:37:02 PM

Scarce dealer outlets of Nissan makes it difficult to go for the car. I am based in Karwar ,even though I would like to go for the car, I am unable to as there is no dealer nearby.

• Suren |10 Oct,2010 08:49:45 PM

Yes dealer outlet is a problem, we pray for God for good happenings, Mr Siddrath if you got ur car enjoy, try to drive 60-70 kmph good both for mileage and security.

• raju |26 Oct,2010 05:28:10 PM

car is good but nathing advatise in india

• RAMGOPAL |23 Mar,2011 06:38:38 PM

By reading all the above, I have mixed views. Though I have not come across the vehicle in our town, I presume, by studying the reviews posted my learned friends, features and specifications, it may be a rival to Hyundai i10. In orissa only 2 dealer outlets are there and that too, these two are about 500 KMs from my home town, which may pose problem. Though Visakhapatnam is nearer to us (about 180 KM), there is no dealer for this Company. Hope Nissan will locate a dealer at Vizag in the near future.

• CarDekho Team |23 Mar,2011 06:41:56 PM

The Nissan Micra is a good car, the only small issue as you pointed out is the lack of dealerships and service centers which Nissan off late is addressing and appointing new dealers very quickly.

• R Nandkishor |03 Sep,2015 11:22:45 PM

Is this car is good for long drive 600 to 700 kms in a day?