Maruti Swift - A must have car for family

By for Maruti Swift 2014-11-18 19:03:30.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Facelifts version, better fuel efficiency, Rev happy petrol, more practical interiors

Cons : Similar to old Swift, expensive than older one

I got my new Maruti Swift Zxi a week ago and have driven it around 400km since then. It surely is a changed car as I have driven my friends Swift a couple of times and mine feels a bit more refined.

It gets the same engine as before but its efficiency is increased by a bit without compromising on its power. And you may notice it as soon as you push the accelerator down to the floor. It darts forward like a missile and stops on it heels with confidence backed by ABS. The motor is quite zippy and I recorded a mileage of around 16kmpl in city which is good as my friend's Swift return around 14-15kmpl in the same condition. The motor is rev happy as always and loves to be pulled hard.

The insides gets the added practicality of bluetooth connectivity and steering mounted controls. Moreover, start/stop button is also offered as an ornamental offering, as I don't feel any great application, I mean you could just turn the key. Electronically foldable outside rear view mirrors are practical as you don't have to open windows while tackling tight traffic conditions.

• M.R. GAIT |19 Nov,2014 01:54:14 PM

I GOT MY NEW SWIFT VDI ON 6TH OF NOV. AND MY FIRST TANK FULL TO TANK FULL MILAGE IS 21.5 KMPL. ENGINE IS REALLY REFINED,, NEW FEATURES LIKE MUSIC SYSTEM AND ELECTRONIC FOLD-ABLE MIRRORS. MAKE IS AWARESOME. I HOPE IT WILL DELIVER AROUND 23 KMPL AFTER SECOND SERVICE... THANKS TO MARUTI FOR SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT... IT IS TOTALLY VALUE FOR MONEY PACK....

• fog ghhjh |20 Nov,2014 01:30:19 PM

Dd. Ffg

• rajesh |22 Dec,2014 02:21:02 PM

nice to see the reviews really it is going to be a good car

• dev ghosh |09 Jan,2015 03:58:44 PM

My Swift gives 18+ within city.

• cheran |13 Jan,2015 06:01:46 PM

some people saying swift is worst car. thats why iam getting confused about to buy swift. basically swift is my dream car. please anyone give me some suggestions

• pranav |17 Jan,2015 12:40:55 AM

my swift gives 24 in city n 25 on highway...

• Akash Goyal |13 Feb,2015 11:21:28 AM

My Swift is also giving 25kmpl and i am really feeling good with the performance and overall satisfy with my car. Thankss Maruti

• Prabakaran |16 Feb,2015 05:44:24 PM

Being NRI I have bought my first car SWIFT ZXI and its really rocks on roads of Chennai including highway. Its performance is as stated and proven by owners in india. Its perfect town car and I have seen really value (even I had paid 20K extra due to excise duties) and mileage is going around 14/lit at below 1000kms.

• Amris De |18 Feb,2015 07:30:54 PM

Totally agree with. Best car in terms of mileage, pick up & comfort

• tapasya |28 Feb,2015 11:06:19 PM

Hii I want to buy a car.but m confsd between swift vxi petrol and i20 elite magna petrol.Any recommendations??

vinay |16 Mar,2015 08:32:41 PM

May i know finally which car did u purchase finally....b'coz myself also in same confusion between grand I 10 and swift vxi

Satyawan |26 Dec,2015 07:05:31 PM

Maruti swift cng kasi rahaigee