Maruti Celerio AMT - User Review

• Appearance

Pros : AMT, Looks, Interiors

Cons : Steering feels inconsistent on high speeds

I bought Maruti Celerio Vxi AMT 2 months ago and am driving it keenly to come up with a conclusion of how this car is. As familiar, it is powered by a 3 cylinder 1.0 litre motor which is nimble to drive and is adequately zippy with the automatic. It is a five speed automatic plus one reverse. Since, there is no clutch to depress it is easier to cruise in any kind of road condition. The gear shifts could be felt while the automatic changes them and could be seen as a minus but still the gearbox is pretty tight. It also allows manual changes by just flicking the stick forward or backward and lets you go all the way to the red line before shifting to next. On the mileage front, I recorded around 18kmpl in city while over 21 kmpl on highway which are impressive numbers to me.

On the inside, NVH levels are tackled nicely and it feels very quiet also the head and legs get enough clearance to make me comfortable. The dual tone dash and interior paneling looks pleasant. A sense of safety could be felt inside the cabin as everything surrounds you tightly. Road visibility is ample, steering feels a bit inconsistent if you leave it free while it is agile when tackled correctly. The A/C is cool enough and its controls feels upmarket.

Comments Maruti Celerio
  • SUSANTA KUMAR BHAUMIK |24 Nov,2014 08:18:52 PM

Mil age is recorded with a/c or not?

ambika |11 Jun,2016 12:58:07 PM

I have over 22.5 kmpl with ac always on

• Saurabh |04 Dec,2014 11:14:47 PM

Have you driven it on highway ?? if yes how was your experience ??

• faraz |21 Feb,2015 03:29:22 PM

I also plane to buy celerio Any body help in it

R K Ajmera |15 Mar,2015 06:39:10 PM

I also want to buy maruti celerio AMT

• surya |30 Mar,2015 07:15:26 PM

I want to take AMT suggest me which one comfort with ride

• Gajendra |07 Apr,2015 10:57:53 AM

i buying celerio vxi amt in mid of march m satisfied all features but not satisfied to milage because milage in city very low mean about 17 and a minus point radio anteena size this size is very big

• pradeep nikumbh |17 Apr,2015 04:38:54 PM

planing to buy but confused whether to go for amt or manual

• sid |14 Dec,2015 07:42:42 PM

How is your experience while climbing hill/ bridge in stop n go traffic...I heard if u press the accelerator quickly, it can roll back

• PRADEEP Nikumbh |16 Mar,2016 06:06:09 PM

Is it necessary to down shift the gears in manual mode, I was told by one of the sellsman that no need to down shifts in manual mode.

Maruti Celerio review scorecard