Celerio

By for Maruti Celerio 2016-11-19 09:30:18.0
  • Appearance

This review comes after using the car for 1 year and 7 months. This is what a budget car with all-rounder features looks like.

DESIGN

Interior: Interiors of the car are designed in such a way that the car looks quite spacious from the inside. It has been designed in such a way that you find space for your mobile phone, coins etc., all that is needed on a day to day basis.

Exterior: Well, I would say that it is not one of the very jazzy designed car like the competition but when you look at it, it does have a pretty graceful design with side curves. Not too boxy like WagonR and at the same time not too good looking like Swift. This car is somewhere in between.

PERFORMANCE

We have driven this car quite comfortably in Himalayas, hill stations of Maharashtra and of course day to day city too. You would never fall short of performance and it is very easy to manoeuvre. You might feel a slight difference in power when you are in AC ON mode and are looking for some power while overtaking. But I believe that is a minor thing and expecting the flawless change in power while switching the AC ON would be unrealistic.

MILEAGE

I think this is hands on the best part about this car. After 1.7 years of usage of this car, I am totally convinced that this is the best petrol car I can buy in terms of mileage. I have easily touched 20-21 KMPL on the highway and consistently experienced 16-18 KMPL in the city. I would like to mention here that I have driven the Automatic version of this car too for around 3000 km on a trip and the mileage was just a little low than my manual variant. I could see the mileage of 18-19 KMPL on the highway in this automatic variant.

DRIVING COMFORT

What to say about the automatic variant. It is a charm to cruise the city with this car. Automatic variant really is a bliss to drive in the city. Although I will be honest I did miss the manual variant on the highway, but then if you are considering buying this car; think of your major usage. If major usage is on the highway, go for the manual variant but if major usage is going to be in the city go for automatic variant.