Thar will be thar.. <3
It’s been more than a year since we first drove the Thar. Everyone quite impressed with how Mahindra had transformed the humble yet legendary MM540 into a relatively modern off-roader. But there were shortcomings – things you couldn’t ignore – especially in the summers.
We had a brief test drive on Mahindra’s excellent off-road academy course and despite preferring my roads tarred and smooth, I had a proper blast. The Thar never lost its breath despite some steep inclines and deep water crossings. Stick the gearbox in 4Low and just make steering and brake inputs while the vehicle does the rest. There’s massive traction, no doubt aided by the new differential lock that sends power to the wheel with more grip. The mechanical diff lock works automatically when it senses a wheel speed difference between left and right of more than 100rpm at which point it begins to lock and equalise the wheel speed on either side.
What i do like:
• Retro Jeep styling. Butch design & image
• Solid combination of engine, gearbox & chassis
• Oodles of power & torque for effortless highway cruising
• Nippy power steering & zero turbo-lag make light work of driving in the city
• Comfortable ride quality. Stays compliant even on bad roads & jungle trails
• Manual 4x4 shift. Offroad competency will exceed needs of most owners
• A Jeep with warranty, parts & labour support from authorised service stations
no need to compare with anyone..
We live in a country which is filled with enthusiasts,whether you have...
It's an excellent vehicle which is best suited for Indian roads. I...
I am quite impressed with how Mahindra have transformed the humble yet...
Usual summer days were passing by auditing automotive industry on YouT...
Awesome Car this a best for off roading and best modification car. thi...
It will help us serve you better content and best deals