Run of the Mill

By for Hyundai i10 2015-02-06 12:55:35.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Proven Car, Conventional Looks, Adequate Space, Good value for money / resale value

Cons : Lacks Presence, dull pick-up, no fun in driving

It's about 8 months since I have been using this car and have driven about 7000 km. This is my second car, and so far I think it has behaved pretty nicely. There is not much to complain about the car and is a sure shot proper value for money. But that's where it ends!!

I for one, am not impressed with the looks or the pick-up, which are two most important things for me. I bought it for its functionality and that's all you can get from this car. It will not give you the high-end feeling and neither it is something to flash around. The car gives nasty bumps over potholes and speed breakers. It wobbles at fast corners and reduces your confidence levels. Also overtaking becomes a concern if you need to do it quick and down-shifting is the only alternative. Having used that option, downshifting at 'overtaking' speeds may worry you because of the engine noise. Also, the road handling and stability of the car leaves a lot to be desired. But it's a spacious car and can easily accommodate a family of four, with enough space for luggage at the boot. The driving pleasure goes for a further loss if the load factor is high.

I have driven Suzuki cars (Maruti) earlier and I have always felt them be more driver / driving oriented and handling. But Hyundai (i10) is not anywhere near it. I hope what this car lacks in the driving factor, may be overcome in the build quality.

It's not a fun car to ride around but is definitely value for money. For a first car, it would be a super deal for any family. Go for it only if you are all about value for money, mileage driven and do not expect your car to stand out in a crowd.

• durga prasad |26 Feb,2015 11:08:21 AM

Regarding maintenance any comment. What is cost per km. with your experience.

tester |15 Apr,2015 12:14:45 PM