Amazing experience

• Appearance

Pros : Great looks, good performance with no turbo lag, awesome mileage, decent ride and handling, etc

Cons : Lack of features like AC, auto door lock, start-stop button, etc

Look and Style: Great looks still remains the best looking sub-4m sedan out there (in my personal view)

Comfort: Lots of space, both in front and rear, the boot space is also quite good for a decent weeekend travel.

Pickup: Excellent with no turbo lag whatsoever. Effortless to drive in city conditions and gives more than decent performance on the highways.

Mileage: Mileage as discussed in many other reviews is great. For driving till speeds of 90-110, it will give a great mileage, only in speeds more than that, the mileage starts to drop swiftly. In city drives, due to high torque and no turbo lag, mileage of more than 20 can be easily achieved.

Best Features: Engine with excellent performance, driveability and mileage.

Needs to improve: Engine NVH levels, and also provide more equipments and features which are being offered by competition.

Overall Experience: Overall experience of the car has been amazing. I have done around 27k Kms with the car now in around 17 months. No major breakdowns, though minor rattles are there, the same have been manageable to a large extent. The car has been used primarily for my daily travel to office (around 70kms to and fro) with occasional highway trips on expressways, NHs, SHs, local roads, no roads, etc.When I purchased the car, the only option in the competition was Dzire which was outrightly rejected due to its design and looks. If given an option now, I would probably have chosen Amaze again over Xcent (due to its poor engine (diesel) and driving dynamics) and Zest with the infamous Tata after sales service.

No doubt the company needs to improve on its build quality, engine NVH levels, lack of features, but still being the best looker of the segment (IMHO), ABS (from base model), decent driving dynamics (better than Xcent for sure), better brakes (as compared to Dzire especially and Xcent also (suddent bite problem)) and with proven performance and mileage of its engine, Amaze remains the best choice in this segment for diesel.

In petrol, I can't comment much as I have not used it, but without the ABS in its base models, and with the engine same as the competition, I think Xcent provides a better option with more features at lesser price.

Comments Honda Amaze 2013-2016
  • shad |18 May,2015 03:00:01 PM

Dezire and dezire which in coming months will rule entire Indian automobile market due to its spectacular response in terms of everything from a to z. I am saying it bcz I owe it and all I can say is it is the best ever car on Indian road till date.

sanket |20 Jun,2015 06:16:14 PM

How is the comfort in rear seats

Honda Amaze 2013-2016 review scorecard