Key Specs of Maruti Baleno RS
|Mileage (upto)||21.1 kmpl|
|Engine (upto)||998 cc|
Baleno RS highlights
Launched in March 2017, the RS version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno promised a more exciting driving experience. The Baleno RS is based on the top-spec Alpha variant of the standard Baleno and is offered in only a single petrol variant which costs Rs 8.45 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
It is the engine that is the biggest change on the RS. This is a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder Boosterjet petrol engine which develops 102PS of max power and 150Nm of peak torque. The power and torque figures are 18PS and 35Nm more than the Baleno’s 1.2-litre petrol engine. The Boosterjet also gets a new 5-speed manual transmission that is designed to handle the higher performance on offer. Despite a bump in the performance figures, the claimed mileage of the Maruti Baleno RS is impressive at 21.1kmpl, only 0.3kmpl lower than the stock hatchback.
The changes on the outside are minimal; the Baleno RS gets redesigned front and rear bumpers, mesh front grille and black alloys. One important upgrade on the RS is that it also has disc brakes for the rear wheels to improve stopping. The interiors are identical to the standard Alpha and get 7-inch touchscreen audio system (with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and navigation), automatic air-conditioning, steering-mounted audio controls and a start-stop button. The boot space of the Maruti Baleno RS remains unchanged at 339-litres.
Maruti Baleno RS Price
- Petrol Version
Must read articles before buying Maruti Baleno RS
Compare Maruti Baleno RS with similar cars - Compare Cars
Expert Review of Maruti Baleno RS
Things We Like in Baleno RS
- Easier to drive in city and on the highway thanks to added performance.
- Fuel efficiency of the Baleno RS remains almost identical to the regular Baleno despite added performance and heavier by 50kg.
- Most affordable hot hatch you can buy
Things We Don't Like in Baleno RS
- Cabin same as regular Baleno. Needed to have a more special feel.
- No automatic option in the Baleno RS
- Not exciting enough for enthusiasts
Stand Out Features
The 1.0-litre Boosterjet petrol engine feels energetic as it has almost no turbo lag and quick reactions.
Mileage of Maruti Baleno RS
The claimed ARAI mileage: Maruti Baleno RS Petrol is 21.1 kmpl.
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
Maruti Baleno RS Images and Videos
- Maruti Baleno RS Or The Volkswagen Polo GT TSI? : PowerDrift
- 5:5Maruti Baleno RS : First Drive : PowerDrift
- 2:16Maruti Baleno RS : First Look : PowerDrift
- 2:5First Look: Toyota Camry Hybrid: PowerDrift
Save BIG by buying a Used Car
- Similarly Priced
- Total Loan AmountRs.0
- Payable AmountRs.0
- You’ll pay extraRs.0
Calculated on Ex-Showroom priceRs. /month
Trending Maruti Cars