Kona Electric highlights
The Hyundai Kona, which made its debut at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, is confirmed to launch in India by 2019. It will become the first electric vehicle from the South Korean carmaker to be sold in India. It will be imported in the country as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit and will be available with two powertrain options: a 100kW (139PS) motor with a 39kWh battery pack and a 150kW (204PS) motor with a 62kWh battery pack. However, in India, the electric compact SUV is expected to be offered with a less powerful 100kW motor to help keep the prices in check. For more details, click here.
Although Hyundai has not said anything about the pricing of the EV, we expect it to be under Rs 30 lakh, considering the EV gets a starting price of Rs 26.64 lakh in the UK. To know more about the pricing, click here.
As far as its competition is concerned, the Kona EV will not have any direct rival in the Indian market. However, it will take on likes of the similarly priced SUVs like the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, Skoda Kodiaq and the upcoming Mahindra Rexton.
Hyundai Kona Electric News
Hyundai Kona Images and Videos
- 3:30Hyundai Kona - All electric SUV for India : Geneva Motor Show 2018 : PowerDrift
- 3:9Hyundai Kona @ Auto Expo 2018 : PowerDrift
- 1:32Hyundai Kona EV | First Look | Auto Expo 2018 | ZigWheels.com
Hyundai Kona Electric models
- Electric(Battery) Version
Trending Hyundai Cars
Other Upcoming Cars
- Nissan Note e PowerRs.20.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Mar 13, 2019
- Toyota RushRs.10.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Feb 20, 2020
- Tata HarrierRs.15.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jan 01, 2019
- Honda CivicRs.15.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jan 20, 2019
- Nissan KicksRs.10.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jan 01, 2019
- Nissan TerraRs.20.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Oct 01, 2019