Vento's test drive experience!!

By for Volkswagen Vento 2010-2013 from Bangalore 2010-09-24 18:38:49.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Amazing pick-up, posh interiors, quite cabin drive

Cons : Restricted rear view

Look and Style The car scores really high when it comes to the look and feel the it offers. The boot is designed beautifully and I completely loved it. The addition of alloy wheels is another added advantage in the car that emancipates the looks manifolds. The moment I entered the car, I realized the Volkswagen craftsmanship as the cabin looks posh and classy. Comfort Both in terms of driving and seating the car offers great comfort. I feel the car can easily accomodate 5 adults without suffocation and uneasiness. Pickup If it is one factor that I got impressed by, it would be the pick up of the car which is simply superb. I didn't realize when I zoomed to 100 kmph in a few seconds and still not hear any sounds and vibrations. The gear shift is very smooth and make the drive a pleasure experience. Mileage As I have not purchased the car yet, I cannot comment on this very precisely, but the company officials have been ensuring a city mileage of 11.2kmpl and I believe that can be achieved by a Volkswagen product. Best Features The pick up is one of the best and most appealing feature of the car, followed by the killing looks. I was completely weak in my knees looking at the beauty. Another feature that I experienced during my test drive was the noiseless cabin and superb suspension. The executive accompanying me during the drive told me to drive at a constant speed even on the pit-holes and trust me there was no noise inside. Indeed, passengers sitting inside would not even come to know what the tyres below are facing. A superb suspension I must say. Needs to improve I just felt a bit bothered with the arm rest as instead of supporting the left arm, it was causing a restriction in movement and making me feel suffocated to move at times. Also, the parcel tray is placed a bit higher than what should have been an ideal height, which restricts the rear vision at times. Overall Experience I live in Bangalore and am planning to buy a sedan soon. My clear options included Volkswagen Vento and Honda City. I have seen and driven Honda City before and thus wanted to test drive Vento once before taking the final call. The executives at one of the dealer outlets arranged a test drive for me and the car was all ready for me when I reached the showroom. I am very happy with the car post the test drive but I feel certain addons like the Bluetooth connectivity, Steering controls etc are missing in the car, which would keep me away from feeling the luxury and comfort I would want a sedan to provide me. The car is a great product from Volkswagen and I might ultimately pick this up.

• Dr.H.S.Bajaj |24 Sep,2010 08:04:22 PM

I have already driven this car and I am fully satisfied with its performance.

• Dr.H.S.Bajaj |24 Sep,2010 08:29:41 PM

After taking the test drivbe, I was absolutely impressed with its performance and i purchased it on 22nd Sep. 2010. I feel comfotable that I have not made any mistake in sellection. Although I am little worried to know that its parts are costlier than others. But I am also told that by the time, I really need these parts, the rates will come down. The best thing about this car is that it is heavy in weight and due to this, it is very safe at high speed as copared to Japnies car which are light and God forbidden if a crash is there, this heavy car is safer than light cars. I was amazed to feel the weight of the bonnet.

Trushank |11 Dec,2010 12:42:20 AM

is this car worth taking ??

• Lakshminarayanan |27 Sep,2010 11:28:45 AM

Can anybody tell what is the mileage of the diesel version (exact mileage please- no assumptions)

• dr. vakharia |27 Sep,2010 04:07:05 PM

I own this car, petrol highline, very happy with the performance, the pick-up and gear shift are amazing, looks strikingly great in black.,suspension in best in the class. might be better than honda city.road grip is great at high speeds,no vibrations in cabin but can notice slight humming noise inside at higher speeds.

• N M PATIL |28 Sep,2010 12:29:52 PM

I AM DESPERATELY IN BUYING MODE DUE TO ACCIDENT TO MY LAST SEDAN FORD FIESTA SXI . THE CAR TOOK THE ENTIRE BURN ON IT . MY DAUGHTER AND OTHER OCCUPANTS CAME OUT SAFE. MY ADVISOR IS NOT SURE ABOUT VENTO AS THE CAR IS TOO NEW WITH NO RESULTS KNOWN IN DISTRICT / NON METRO BACKGROUND. THE RESULTS ABOUT PASSAT & JETTA IS REPORTED AS HIGH TIRE CONSUMING CARS. NO SUPPORT FROM VW IN CASE OF FAILURE LIKE A/C COMPRESSOR MALFUNCTIONING OWNER HAS TO TAKE BURN.MAJORITY SPARES ARE EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE AND NOT COVERED BY UNLIMITED WARENTY EXTENDED WHILE SELLING THE VEHICLE. FORD FIESTA DURATORQUE IS HIGHLY SATISFYING VALUE FOR MONEY VEHICLE AND OPINION IN THE HOUSE IS ONCE AGAIN TO GO FOR THE SAME CAR. PERSONALLY WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A CHANGE. WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

• Sudhir |28 Sep,2010 08:24:11 PM

I drove the automatic version of the car last week. It was terrific, the driving comfort and ride quality. I agree with Anurag in all aspects, it s a good review. Can anybody tell me what the city mileage the car is getting ( not probable) Thank you

• AJAY KUMAR |29 Sep,2010 10:00:36 AM

vento does not have a rich features like EBD , MY CAR FEATURES LIKE SERVICE REMINDER,AIR BAG LOCK SYSTEM,COMPARING WITH THE LINEA. SO THIS THING MAKE ME MOST DISAPPOINTED

• Keyur |29 Sep,2010 05:04:28 PM

15 days back, I bought a Chevy AVEO - LT with ABS. A beauty to ride with good seats, no irritants when u get into the car like in most of the sedans(Even Honda City is a bit low), great tilt of seats to make your seating cosy, good pickup and a classy look. Truly Value for money. Average around 12/ltr in city conditions with AC.

rahul |08 May,2011 12:41:36 PM

we r discussing about vento not chevy aveo..........

• amit |29 Sep,2010 05:34:49 PM

What is mileage for petrol Vento? What is the delivery time bas of now? How is driveability and p?ick-up

• akshay |29 Sep,2010 07:29:16 PM

The vento is a great car. with excellent ride quality & passenger comfort. I am in love with this car. A nice product from Volkswagen. I feel that instead of honda city one can choose vento.

• Kittu Anand |30 Sep,2010 06:13:21 AM

Can anybody tell me what is the average of Vento?????? in the city and on Highway.

• M L JOHNSON |01 Oct,2010 10:59:38 AM

The features of Linea Emotion Pack are too many when compared with the VW Vento, Honda City or Maruti SX4. Further, price-wise, the Linea costs lesser. But which manufacturer/Brand name has a greater rating, based on warranty, service back-up, cost of spares, mileage, and value for money? Is there any negative comment for Linea? Can I have a judicious advice on the correct choice of a sedan under 10 lacs. M.L.Johnson

• KARAN SINGH |01 Oct,2010 11:14:15 AM

I have taken test drive of the Vento.this is really a German beauty.The pick up is very good, gear shit is smooth, good stereo and AC and good inside and looks are very amazing.Boot is also large.I have booked my Vento Highline, waiting for delivery.

• gaurav |01 Oct,2010 09:36:46 PM

Hi karan, congo on yr new car, Can u help wid following info: Waiting period Waiting in mumbai Is Diesel version available ? Thanks, this shud help me in decission,

• Arun |03 Oct,2010 08:38:09 PM

Mr Bajaj pls help me out with the on road price of the car.

• chaitanya |12 Oct,2010 01:49:54 AM

vw is d best... i have vw jetta and booked vw vento highline diesel and will get delivery tomorrow..i've not yet taken test drive coz of accident of demo car of vento in a'bad, but i trust volkswagen. i m satisfied with jetta and i know vento will also d best car ,i know that there r less features than honda city but still i love dis cat too much..before i had booked vw polo bu whn vento launched i upgraded my booking to vento.its price in a'bad is 10,50000...thanks..

• Vikram |28 Oct,2010 01:11:59 AM

The car is very good in its looks ,but we want after sales road services backup from the company,Hyundai is not given thaT services, Verna petrol has a very very bad suspension. thanks

• karanjeet singh |29 Oct,2010 12:20:34 PM

I have taken test ride of the vento(diesel),this is really a german beauty.The pick is very good then verna,gear shift is very smooth, good interior with large boot space. I have booked my vento highline Diesel, n waiting for delivery.

• kamal |10 Nov,2010 08:11:40 PM

can anybody tell me what is avg. of vento diesel in city & on highway....

Team CarDekho |11 Nov,2010 06:53:37 PM

By Team CarDekho |11 Nov,2010 07:17:52 PM

We achived a efficiency figure close to 17kmpl in the city and close to 19kmpl on the highway in the VW Vento Diesel. Thanks, CarDekho Team

• Sheetal |10 Nov,2010 10:12:10 PM

Hello, I am planning to buy VW Vento(diesel) for my dad. Can anybody please update me with few details like avg , price (Mumbai or Thane) and performance. Thanks in adv.

• Dr. EK Mathew |15 Nov,2010 10:50:51 AM

Booked the car one month back. Went through all the availabe reviews and found no comparision with vento diesel highline especially in terms of fuel efficiency in the same class (sedan). But I am deeply disappointed with a waiting period. My dealer in Kochi gave me 5-6 months and further advised through a letter that I may have to wait at least one more month. This is too much. If the company is able to keep on updating the delivery period once the booking No is given, it would have been wonderful. Also the dealers do not have any idea about configuring your car as per your needs as given in the website.

• ARUN |16 Nov,2010 08:26:34 PM

vento a/t highline would be my choice

• Abhishek_Sharma |28 Nov,2010 10:46:19 PM

I'm considering buying the Vento Highline Petrol (MT) soon. I've gone through a lot of reviews and specs but still have some confusion about ABS in this version. Apart from that I'm pretty much satisfied with Vento and almost all my expectations have been met as far as the reviews are concerned. (I might add that this is one of the most comprehensive sites for car reviews that i have EVER come across, good stuff!)--------------So what I'd be greatful to know is - is ABS available in the Highline Petrol(MT)version. If not, what is the lowest price at which I can get my Vento with ABS?

CarDekho Team |29 Nov,2010 02:58:30 PM

Thanks for your kind support towards Cardekho. The VW Vento Highline is a excellent car to own and has ABS on it as standard fitments. Thanks, CarDekho Team

• Harsh Parwal |18 Jan,2011 06:21:46 PM

Have almost decided to purchase Vento petrol highline. Request confirmation from actual user as to what is the mileage they are getting. As per website it is 11.2 in city and 15.8 on highway. Is it being achieved near it in actual.

• Amol Rajmane |11 Jun,2011 07:16:31 AM

HI all I took test drive of vento and i found that it is the best car inthis segment i am interested in petrol highline model but confused by other reviews abt this car. can u pls tell me the avg. of petrol vento and service maintenance cost .