Toyota Etios: A most awaited car model

• Appearance

Pros : Stylish look, cool colours, Value for money

Last month, I went in Delhi for watched a Auto Show 2010, there were many upcoming cars available for showcased in OEM,s Pavilion. I have seen all new technology cars and also Launched models. Many OEM's had launched many specialize car models. I am very impressed to Toyota's Etios car. Company was committed that it will introduce soon in the sedan segment. Its look very stylish and comfortable. I have seen all side its interior and exterior features are magnificent. But I really missed to drive for the most awaited Toyota Etios.But I have promised to own self for buy it only. I think so that It is not only stylish but also a great performed car.Its expected price at a Rs, 4 to 5 range. I have found price in other some auto site.

Comments Toyota Platinum Etios
  • Vineet |13 Feb,2010 02:50:45 PM

The price of hatchback I understand is between 4-5 lacs. However, price for Sedan version of Toyota Etios is likely to be between 7-9 lacs range. I was also under impression till date that Sedan version might be costing between 4-5 lacs and I wanted to wait till the launch of Sedan version. I had seen this car in Auto Expo 2010 at New Delhi and I was highly impressed and had decided to go for it as I had learnt that its cost would be less than 5 lacs or say around the price of Suzuki Dezire. I wanted to buy new car within March 2010 itself but after seeing this model in Auto Expo, I decided that its worth waiting to get Etios Sedan version which would cost @5lacs. But if the company decides to launch Sedan version in range of 7-9 lacs then I feel the price is on very much higher side and I may think of going for Tata Manza, Suzuki Dezire or even Fiat Linea, as I being a salaried class employee, I dont want to spend more than 6 lacs for Sedan car. If Toyota company people read my comment, i would like them to review thier price keeping higher middle class group of India, as the car is being launched first in India itself, in their mind and try to keep the price most competitive so that people from our group need not think of looking at other Brand and just jump to buy Etios. You are most welcom to correct me if I have understood the expected price range, wrongly.

• deepak |15 Feb,2010 10:52:53 AM

If toyota puts price around five lacs, they will sell like anything.

• Jitu |30 Apr,2010 03:53:11 AM

Its very nice to see that tayota is launching Itios, but finaly when? Price of teh sedan version is little bit higher, in fact prices of tayota cars are higher in comparison to that other makes. I think Tayota may think about the price of its cars in Indian market in view of the competitive naturs. Moreover Tayota may also think to capture the market of the onther cities across all over India apart from the metros. For example Carola Altis is a very good car, but the price is very high for which most of te people hesitat to afford it or rather they opt for Honda City due to optimised price

• Mr.Anadi Chatterjee |20 Jun,2010 09:45:33 PM

This is unique car in all aspects.What is the exact date of delivery to the customer.What is the exact price on road for hutchback and sedan at kolkata.Hope it will create a good market in India provided if it's price fixed within 5 will appreciate that Honda is always keep in mind to keep aforadable price to create massive market where Toyota is always high for which most of the buyer go for Honda.Although Toyota is better car than Honda.

• Rajdeep |23 Jun,2010 10:44:24 AM

Where can I get the details of the various variants of both the models along with all its features present ?

• satish.L |29 Jul,2010 04:07:25 PM

when can we wait for test drive, what is the expect date of delivery to the customer, what is the invoice rate of the etios new car of both the models, i am a travel agent, eagerly waiting for the performence and purchase.

• P.V.Sankaranaryanan |15 Sep,2010 09:56:10 PM

i also very egarely waitig for toyoto etios car. i had qualis car and performance was good. so i sure etios will be sucessful.

• kumara |17 Sep,2010 04:43:39 PM

i want to know about on road price at bangalore including all tax etc

• Nadeem Ahmad |09 Oct,2010 07:06:46 PM

I want this car........................................................................................ pls accept my booking

• varadarajan |13 Oct,2010 07:27:10 AM

whether it is a small car or a medium one?

• Murlidhar Ramani |27 Oct,2010 07:41:09 PM

Once the on road price is fixed,I would like to go in for a test drive with a view to purchase the car if it meets with my requirements.I would like to be the first customer for this car in Mangalore.

• Lt col Mrigendra singh |13 Nov,2010 10:21:12 AM

Sir, It has been long time that we have seen agood car in mid segment in price tag of around 6-9 lakhs.Its very funny that in a country where middle class are more but the cars for rich are made more.Iam eagerly waiting for toyota etios sedan model so that i can buy one.

• sarma nemani |28 Nov,2010 08:19:24 PM

thinking to buy just let me know the price.

• DR VISHAL SRIVASTAVA |03 Dec,2010 02:43:04 AM

i was going to buy tata manza but desided to wait till i take test drive of toyota etios . i will cosider all aspect before buying iether of the two cars.

• syamnath |04 Dec,2010 03:36:35 PM

Thank you very much ToYoTa for introducing such a beautiful really glad to say that i would like to buy this car. May be within 2 weeks i will book this car. I haven't any idea about the earliest delivery time for this one, any ways i need it, i really loving it.....once again thank you very much ToYoTa.

• C.V.Srinivasan |09 Dec,2010 12:12:03 PM

Is it BS IV compliant? Specification is silent on this.

• Avinash |12 Dec,2010 02:18:24 PM

If I Book it Today, then how soon i will get this car

• Avinash |12 Dec,2010 02:19:21 PM

Pls if anyone knows then let me know

• mano |17 Dec,2010 06:32:10 PM

not less than six months after booking (ref:one of the leading chennai dealer)

• R.SIVAKUMAR |19 Dec,2010 12:47:37 AM

I thought that both sedan and hatchback will be launched at a time. Single wiper is disappointing. How such a big company has missed it.

• Alexander |22 Feb,2011 10:59:55 AM

I havent the faintest idea about who writes the reviews for CARDEKHO and from where they are based, but here is a honest feedback for whoever has written the above review, the TOYOTA ETIOS reminds one of the Toyota Echo and not the Altis, The Echo for the information of all who havent heard of it has been discontinued from all other markets with the introduction of the YARIS, it is being introduced in the Indian Market after it was taken off most other markets worldwide. Apart from that , ENGINE & MAINTENANCE -this car is a work horse and doesnt need much maintenance, INTERIOR & EXTERIOR - the exterior and interior are very boxy and unappealing , the interior has a lot of places for storage, PRICE - At this price (5.2L to 6.2L) this is probably the best buy in the market. The car is slightly overpowered and has been involved in a lot accidents , so speedsters be wary.

Toyota Platinum Etios review scorecard