Maruti Alto 800
    Rs   3.21 - 5.75 Lakh*

Tata Nano - Feedbacks from a Bangalore Customer

By for Tata Nano 2012-09-08 16:36:51.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Design, Spacious inside,

Cons : Mileage, engine noise, back bumber gets heated

Just wanted to share my experience with Tata Nano 2012 version which I bought recently. So far I have covered 2100 Kms all within Bangalore City. I bought this second for the mileage reasons(22 kmpl as some reviews claim) and so far I must say it is performing far below expectation. Look and Style Good. Comfort Good Pickup Good Mileage Extremly bad! You may be surprised to hear that this 624 cc engine is giving me only mileage around 12-13 kmpl where as my 1600 cc engine(approx 2.5 times bigger) SX4 gives me 10 kmpl.  I measured the mileage using the prescribed method from the dealer and not once but muliple times. (full tank to full tank method) Best Features Spacious and exterior design Needs to improve Engine noise, Heating at the back bumber after long distance travel and most important city mileage. Overall Experience As per the tata dealer we will get the expectated mileage(at the most 17 kmpl) only under these situations. a. If I daily commute from my current place to electronic city.(Bangalore) b. If some one from the dealer end drives the vehicle. c. May be after 1't service (didn't happen for me) and then After reaching 10,000 Kms. So, if your expectation from this car is high mileage please give it a second thought. Most important I am not a paid agent doing negative publicity for tata nano! This cars is definitely not for city traffic but may be villages where roads are empty.  I am now thinking of returning this car back to respected Shri. Ratan Tataji free of charge.:-(

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this January