Renault Scala: One Of The Most Underrated Cars
The first thing that comes to my mind is its space and comfort while going for long drives. Bought this car on 2013, drove more than 90000 km still engine and performance remains same.
Read a lot of reviews while buying the car, no one suggested the Scala. Some say it's overpriced some asked me to go for the Sunny but somehow decided to stay with the Scala.
Pros after using 90000km
1 ) Space: No car in 12 Lakh segment provides leg room space as the Scala. Its spacious interiors give us a lot of comforts. I used to have long drives with family (min 1500km) every two months. Everyone is comfort with it.
2) Mileage: Being a frequent traveller this is one of my major pros. I used to get 23 -25 km on highways and 16 -18 in the city. Mileage is constant from day 1 till today i.e after 90000km.
3) AC: I believe the automatic AC works really good in the Scala than most of its counterparts. You could feel the chillness in a matter of few mins even at peak temperatures during summer.
4) Safety: Nowadays cars coming with advertisements like ABS and EBD. Scala had this in 2013 itself. I have mid variant RxL. Good thing is it comes with ABS along with EBD and two airbags for the driver and co-passenger. These features come in the top variant in most of the other cars in this price bracket.
5) Boot space: With 490 litres you can accommodate everything you need for a long drive with the family.
1) Noise after reaching the speed of 120km/h. I feel this bit irritating as feel some noise after you reach this speed. But it's not that major constraint as we will not be touching that speed too often. If you ride between 80 -110 you'll feel awesome.
2) Interiors are bit sluggish, the dashboard is too plastic. they could have provided some more options
Overall I am really satisfied with the Scala.
- 12 Likes
- 1 Dislikes