• Sponsored
    Rs   4.51 - 7.43 Lakh*

My First car

By for Renault KWID 2017-06-19 19:09:49.0
  • Appearance

Hello guys, on 28th April 2017 is the day i bought my first car Renault Kwid RXT Opt 800cc . I was about to buy ford figo aspire, but since i had never driven a car before so i thought why not start with a hatchback mid range car and lets learn to drive first before driving a long car or mid sedan.
I researched a lot before buying this one, it'll cost me approx 525000/- after 3 years EMI is completed, I gave 2 lakhs as down payment bdw.
I read a lot of reviews about engine sound, bad mileage. But i didn't cared and just bought it after my uncle did a test drive and told me it is fine. Sad part is, most of the reviews I read online were true :(

I learned driving in about 4 days, started driving in traffic in around 10 days. I can drive pretty well now.
So I'll start with cons now which i have found after 50 days of driving.

Cons:

1. Mileage what I'm getting now is around 12.5 to 13kmpl, which is really not good and didn't meet my expectations. The salesman told me it'll give approx 22kmpl, and cause its 800cc only it can give more, but nope its giving very bad mileage, I have posted the mileage meter photo as you can see.

2. Engine sound, yes what i read about loud engine noise is true, it do make bad noise i mean engine sound. But if you're inside the car it doesn't matter actually.

3. At this price range at least there should have been four power windows. 2 is fine but 4 is always good than 2.

4. Car looses its acceleration power when there is 5 people in it. Yes the pick up is really bad when there is full 5 people inside. Its like I'm carrying heavy stuffs on my back.

Pros:

1. Good media system i.e Radio, Navigation map, Bluetooth and AUX. This media stuff inside makes this car quite attractive.

2. Having a car in itself is a pro+1 cause it really helps. To travel in bad weather, to shop, etc etc.

Whenever i ask people who have car about my car mileage, everybody says after first servicing it'll give decent mileage. Cause most of the hatchback car I've heard of give around 18kmpl. 8 days left for first servicing, i really hope they somehow increase my mileage.

Driving alone at 4th gear till 60kmph. I have hit a top speed of 90kmph on highway after which i thought my cars gonna fly so i decreased the speed :/ . Don't know whats its top speed, but actually there is no need to cross 65kmph cause its too dangerous.

Final words Everything is running fine though if the mileage starts giving me at least 20kmpl I'll be a happy man. I live near highway and out of 850km I've driven, majority is on the highway still giving only 13kmpl that's what I'm worried of.

I will come back after 10 days to update my review after my first servicing is done.

• Renault KWID