Nissan Micra XV CVT - designed for awesome city rides

• Appearance

Pros : Transmission;Performance;Comfort

Cons : no parking sensors;

Look and Style: The facelift has made Micra look neutral if not totally masculine. Looks great. With nice looking chrome grill and rear visor it looks great. Good looking chrome handle from inside.   Comfort: With driver seat height adjustable and great interiors with good head rest at the rear, Micra gives a sedan comfort. Comfortable leg room and head room. Good 251 litres boot. Great audio system with bluetooth.   Pickup: Maverick.. It just zooms, thanks to its CVT.   Mileage: In city for hop-in and hop-out drives it gives 14.6kmpl. For considerably long like 30 mins+ drives it gives 16.0 kmpl and for highway drive it has given 17.3kmpl   Best Features: 1. Its superb performance, thanks to CVT. 2. Good steering sensitivity. 3. Good head & leg room. 4. Powerful A/C. 5. Smart key and push button   Needs to improve: Should have reverse parking sensors if not reverse camera.   Overall Experience: Just awesome. Recommended for city riders specially in high density traffic areas.

Comments Nissan Micra
  • padmanabha rath |26 Apr,2014 12:27:45 PM

hiii i recently got a micra cvt after going through your review from i m having some doubts as after 2500km run , still i m not getting millage as you mentioned. i got hardly 9-10 kmpl in city and 14-15 km pl on high pls advise on bellow query how you use the pedal for acceleration? is there any procedure to use cvt transfer? Is there any special care to take while driving cvt? how to get millage?

• vinay karanam |27 Apr,2014 09:46:32 AM

@ Mr. Padmanabha Rath It is close to a year of my purchase with 7000+ kms run. My experience with mileage is quite satisfactory. In city rides I'm getting 16.0 kmpl and on highways i'm getting 20.0 kmpl. Some observations during these period of experience: 1. When I start my vehicle from 0 kmph to 40 kmph the rpm I maintain is ~2500 - 2000 rpm. Although my physical press of throttle is same, the CVT brings down the rpm to ~1500 -1000 rpm which I steady it for all the speeds further (upto 80-100 kmph). 2. I never ride vehicle at very high rpm like 3500+ unless I need to push sometime very hard. 3. I keep the mileage tab on the dashboard on and use this feedback to bring down my rpm if unconsciously i'm pushing very hard. Sometimes I see that on highway I'll be riding at 100+kmph at mileage of 14-16 kmpl on the dashboard, I immediately soften my throttle peddle and then I see that now display is showing 25-28 kmpl and this happens without loss in speed. This helps me get better mileage. 4. I use a/c at temp. of 25 or 26 in auto mode (climate control mode) which keeps me comfortable and with minimum fuel consumption as cabin gets cooler the fan speed gets lower. I have also seen that if keep temp below 22 (even in auto mode) or keep any temp in manual mode the fuel consumption is very high, I get mileage -2kmpl i.e. ~14-15 kmpl. 5. When I use car after parking it in sun for long time, I open the windows for ~5-10 mins, allow it to cool in natural wind and then turn on a/c for better efficiency on fuel. I feel the major role is of rpm and take feedback from mileage display on dashboard. If my feedback has not helped please take help from workshop and test a run in standard conditions for anomalies.

padmanabha rath |11 Jun,2014 09:29:35 PM

thx sir..its worked..i kept the rpm with just touching 2k and got 17KML hureeeyyyyyy...its such a mindblowing..bcs i loved all in my car except the millage and it was hurting me..but after ur advice n before dt some more researched i got the solution so i did it atlast..hope i can improve alittle more after alitle more practice..thx again..u will be a great helpful for me to pick up a car for my family..thx alot once again...

• pitchi |27 Apr,2014 09:51:00 AM

I agree with observation of Vinay. Mjor role is of RPM. Don't run car on high RPM, it gives bad mileage.

Nissan Micra review scorecard